Airline Summary Table
- Home Country U.S.
- Major Hubs New York JFK, Boston Logan, Long Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando International
- Airline Alliance None
- Signature Lounge Airspace Lounge
Branded and Partnered Credit Cards
JetBlue TrueBlue Credit Cards
American Express Membership Rewards Credit Cards
Hotel Partner Credit Cards
JetBlue Airline Overview
JetBlue is New York City’s own low-cost carrier that has grown enough to enter the big leagues, and in fact provides some services free that many legacy carriers now charge for.
JetBlue Locations Served
With a fiercely loyal following in the Northeast, JetBlue serves most major U.S. cities as well as Caribbean leisure destinations for New Englanders to escape to.
Features of the Airline
This rivals legacy carriers’ premium services in the transcontinental market, and JetBlue is also introducing Mint seasonally on longer-haul Caribbean destinations.
While not affiliated with any alliance, JetBlue has close ties with Lufthansa, which has a 15.85% stake in the airline.
JetBlue also has interline agreements and codeshares on certain routes with American Airlines, Aer Lingus, Virgin Atlantic, and a host of other airlines in order to reach long-haul international destinations.
JetBlue Mileage Program
JetBlue’s mileage program is dubbed TrueBlue and is based solely on money spent, not mileage flown, unlike many other airline frequent flyer programs.
Members earn 3 points per dollar spent on JetBlue flights or concessions, and can earn another 3 points if they book directly from jetblue.com.
TrueBlue points do not expire, and they can be used for any seat at any time with no blackout dates. You can also earn and share points together with members of your family through the Family Pooling service.
Visit the JetBlue website to enroll in TrueBlue online. Once enrolled, you gain the ability to earn points and redeem them for awards right away, as well as work toward some elite status benefits.
How To Earn TrueBlue Points
Points are earned by flying on JetBlue flights or through a variety of their partners, travel and otherwise.
Points Earned With JetBlue
As a revenue-based program, the base point earnings start at 3 points per dollar spent on JetBlue flights. Mosaic members also earn 3 extra points on any fare class on top of other bonus points.
Additionally, on Blue fares purchased through jetblue.com, you earn 3 bonus points (3x). For higher fare classes, you earn extra points: 4x for Blue Plus and 5x for Blue Flex fares.
Further, when you purchase additions to your tickets like Even More Space seats or JetPaws to fly with your pet, you will get 200 and 300 bonus TrueBlue points, respectively.
If you book a JetBlue getaway, you’ll receive 6 points per dollar.
JetBlue Badges Program
In a modern twist to the loyalty program, JetBlue offers its TrueBlue members the ability to earn badges for accomplishing feats throughout the year. There are over 400 total badges, and to earn them you must first sign up.
The incentive to earn badges is bonus points and prestige. Badges are earned for things such as making certain numbers of JetBlue flights in a year, interacting on social media, using their travel partners, and more.
Your total list of badges appears in your badges profile, so you have to join up to see. There are also many different forums like FlyerTalk that discuss them.
JetBlue groups badges into the loyalty, travel, and partner categories. Some of the badges you can earn include:
- Take 3 Bonus: Earn 5,000 bonus points after purchasing and flying 3 round-trip JetBlue flights in a year. There are other versions of this which earn more points.
- Welcome Badge: Earn 100 points just for signing up. There are many badges like this.
- Facebook Badges: Earn points for linking and sharing your badges on Facebook. There are also Twitter badges.
- Holiday Badges: Fly during certain holidays or times of year, such as around New Year’s. (No points are earned.)
- Location Badges: Fly in and out of certain airports or destinations to earn badges, which can yield over 100 points.
The coup de grace of all badges is the Destination Domination badge. You’ll earn 500,000 bonus points if you fly to every current JetBlue destination city. However, this can obviously be quite difficult to earn!
In addition, there are multiple partner badges for renting cars, staying at properties, buying flowers, and so on. Most of these don’t earn points.
You can get some points if you earn ALL the partner badges, but only 1,000. Take a look at the program and see if this will be worth your time.
Earn Points With Credit Card Partners
American Express Membership Rewards also offers JetBlue as a transfer partner at a 250:200 transfer ratio (terms apply). Therefore, all Membership Rewards cards could be used to earn JetBlue points as well:
Earn Points With Travel Partners
Earn Points With Other Partners
How To Redeem TrueBlue Points
Earned points can be used to redeem one-way tickets across JetBlue’s entire system. Redemption rates vary and are directly tied to the fares.
Unlike other airlines, this means if you find a cheap ticket, you will use fewer points in redemption travel on that flight.
You can also transfer points to other TrueBlue members if they do not have enough points for redemption.
Within a family, you can earn and use points collectively through Family Pooling. Points can be used by any member of the family when they’re ready to redeem.
Mosaic members can also exclusively use points to upgrade to More Space Seats, though upgrades to Mint class cannot be made through points at this time.
- Earn 30,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 90 days
- Earn 6 points per $1 on JetBlue purchases, 2 points per $1 at restaurants and grocery stores and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
- No blackout dates on JetBlue-operated flights & redeem for any seat, any time on JetBlue-operated flights. Points required for an Award Flight will vary based on the published base fare at the time of booking
- Points awarded in your TrueBlue account don't expire
- Earn 5,000 bonus points every year after your account anniversary
- 50% savings on eligible inflight purchases like cocktails and food & the primary cardmember's first checked bag is free on JetBlue-operated flights
- Enjoy TrueBlue Mosaic benefits for one year after you spend $50,000 or more on purchases each calendar year with your card
- Enjoy a $100 statement credit after purchasing a JetBlue Vacations package of $100 or more with your JetBlue Plus Card
Frequently Asked Questions
How does JetBlue TrueBlue work? What are the benefits of joining?
TrueBlue is the frequent flyer program for Jet Blue Airlines. Joining the program is free and gives you access to rewards flights and other benefits to make flying more comfortable.
Points are accrued on a per-dollar spent basis. JetBlue offers no blackout dates when redeeming awards, and allows you to use a feature called Family Pooling to pool points together for awards, which is unique.
TrueBlue also has other unique earning methods, such as the “High Five Bonus:” taking 3 round-trip flights will automatically earn you 5,000 bonus points for the year. There are a variety of badges you can earn.
JetBlue only has 1 elite status level, which is called Mosaic. You earn this status by flying 30 segments and getting 12,000 base points, or simply by earning 15,000 base points.
As a Mosaic member, you get free changes and cancellations, 2 free bags, 15,000 bonus points just for qualifying, priority security line access, early boarding, free on-board drinks, and more.
Where is the JetBlue TrueBlue sign up?
You can sign up for the program here.
What is the JetBlue TrueBlue login?
Sign in to your TrueBlue account here.
What is the JetBlue luggage cost?
Bags start at $20 online and go up to $100 for oversized pieces. Certain fares get free bags, and second bags cost $35.
Or, you can utilize American Express Membership Rewards cards to work toward transfer points:
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
- American Express® Green Card
- Gold Card from American Express
- The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN
- Blue from American Express®