Table of Contents
We received over 4,000 submissions and the competition to choose the best entrant was fierce, but we have made our decision! We are thrilled to announce that we have selected the winner of our Get Paid to Watch Disney vs. Remakes Competition: Tammy Verberg!
Tammy’s passion for Disney really shone through to us and we can’t wait to see her analysis of the original Disney Classics vs. the remakes. Her love of all things Disney runs deep and it incorporates more than just a passion for the artwork and characters. It’s the way that Disney brought her family together.
Whether it’s their movies or theme parks, Disney has a unique way of bringing people together and evoking feelings of pure happiness and joy. It’s hard to explain, but if you are a true Disney lover, it’s just ingrained into your DNA. My love for Disney stems from my grandmother. When Disney World first opened, she would frequently drive all the way from St. Petersburg to Orlando just to spend the day there, often just by herself. Fast forward many years later and her love for Disney spilled over into me. I am an annual pass-holder and now I too frequently make the drive from Tampa to Orlando just to enjoy the day at Disney. Even though my grandmother is no longer with us, when I spend time at Disney, I feel like she is there with me. It’s my way to keep a little piece of her here, with me. Lucky for me, I was fortunate enough to marry into a family that also has a deep love affair with Disney. My husband, along with his mother and sisters have all worked for Disney in some capacity throughout their lives. My nephew and his wife even got married on a Disney cruise. It’s very special to be able to share a unique love and bond through Disney with my whole family.
The Upgraded Points team is constantly getting the travel bug for all sorts of reasons, not least of which is because we are total Disney junkies. We love to think about diving into our favorite movies, whether that means heading to Disney World, dressing up for Halloween or imagining what it would be like to visit all of the beautiful Disney destinations where the movies take place!
Of course, as favorite childhood movies are being remade, we’re falling in love with the stories, places, and characters all over again. For some of us, that means reaffirming that Robin Williams is the G.G.O.A.T (Greatest Genie Of All Time) or realizing that we now have to go on a safari because the backdrop to the live-action Lion King is too stunning not to chase after.
That’s why we’re looking for someone to help us compare some of the most beloved original Disney movies to their remakes. We’re enlisting someone to binge-watch 12 original Disney classics and compare them to their live-action remakes, identifying trends in dialogue, characters, and more along the way. We’re offering $1,000 for your wonderful help.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a Disney lover to help us quickly watch 12 classic Disney movies and their respective remakes. In addition to watching the movies, you’ll be asked to take notes and track specific details in each of the movies.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Overall enthusiasm for Disney – you’re the type of person who has Disney soundtracks on your Spotify and immediately signed up for Disney+
- A love for movies, especially the Disney classics
- Strong attention to detail – nothing gets past you!
- The ability and availability to binge-watch 12 movies and their remakes in a short amount of time
- Active social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter
Additionally, applicants must be 18 years or older and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to apply.
What You’ll Need to Do
We’ve narrowed the Disney classics to this list of 12 movies that you’ll be asked to binge-watch over 1 month’s time:
- 101 Dalmatians
- Alice in Wonderland
- Sleeping Beauty (Remake: Maleficent)
- The Jungle Book
- Beauty and the Beast
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Remake: Christopher Robin)
- The Lion King
- Lady and the Tramp
You’ll receive a worksheet to complete for each movie as you watch. You’ll also be asked to chronicle your binge-watching journey on Facebook and Twitter. All movies will need to be watched and all worksheets will need to be completed by May 30, 2020. We’ll be compiling your thoughts and feedback on these movies into a blog article to be published on the UpgradedPoints website.
What You’ll Receive
In addition to the $1,000 payment, we’ll provide a $100 gift card to purchase a ticket and snacks for you to see Mulan in theaters and pay for your subscription to Disney+ for the month it takes for you to binge-watch these movies.
How to Apply
Fill out the application below and tell us why you’re the perfect person for this job. Applicants’ level of enthusiasm for Disney will be a strong factor for consideration, so provide what you need to demonstrate how and why you love Disney the most.
We’ll select and notify the winner by April 24, 2020.
Terms & Conditions
The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows:
- The promoter of this competition is Upgraded Points whose principal office is located at 411 W Monroe Street, Austin, Texas 78704.
- Employees of Upgraded Points or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where you reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- Void where Prohibited
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via https://www.upgradedpoints.com. Individuals may enter to win by clicking on the participation link on Upgraded Points’s website. Upon clicking the participation link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that Upgraded Points can notify the winner of the results.
- Closing date for entry will be April 20, 2020. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Only 1 winner will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries. The selection process will be at the discretion of Upgraded Points. The winner will be required to complete certain tasks designated by Upgraded Points. If the winner does not follow through with the tasks required of them, they will not receive the cash prize of $1,000.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 3 days at the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 1 day of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner specifically acknowledges that the welcome package shall be provided and fulfilled by Upgraded Points, and that the contest is in no way affiliated with the movies included in the contest.
- Upgraded Points will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The winner will receive a welcome package in the mail.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and Upgraded Points reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: 411 W Monroe Street, Austin, Texas 78704.
- Upgraded Points’ decision, in respect of all matters to do with the competition, will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This contest has no affiliation with The Walt Disney Company.