I’ve partnered with Upgraded Points because the site has the most detailed, user-friendly online miles and points guides that they keep regularly updated. I frequently advise on content and contribute to improve and update articles for beginner to advanced audiences.
Always on the Lookout for More Rewards and More Travel
Smart investment of time to maximize rewards on personal and business spend can pay off in ‘once in a lifetime’ trips again and again!
Chase Ultimate Rewards
The most valuable credit cards for me have flexible rewards programs like Chase Ultimate Rewards that have both airline & hotel transfer partners, and solid points for cash travel awards.
My Ultimate Rewards points go to:
- Star Alliance carrier flights for my country collecting, booked with United MileagePlus
- Business class flights for my wife on Korean Air (her favorite airline)
- Romantic stays at Hyatts
I pool points earned from my personal and business Chase cards, maximizing category bonuses such as:
- 3x travel on the Chase Sapphire Reserve and Ink Business Preferred
- 5x category bonuses of the Chase Freedom and Ink Business Cash
- 1.5x everywhere ease of the Chase Freedom Unlimited and Ink Business Unlimited
My Recommended Chase Personal Cards
|CHASE PERSONAL CARD||BENEFITS & INFO|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®|
My Recommended Chase Business Cards
|CHASE BUSINESS CARD||BENEFITS & INFO|
|Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card|
|Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card|
American Express Membership Rewards
The American Express Membership Rewards program is also great value for me:
- Delta is my primary airline and there are hidden gems with Delta SkyMiles when you know where to look
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club is useful for awards on Delta that can be much cheaper than Delta charges
- ANA Mileage Club is an underrated Star Alliance program
- Air Canada Aeroplan works great for Star Alliance, too, on airlines where surcharges are not added
- British Airways Executive Club is great for short-distance flights on Oneworld airlines and Alaska Airlines
- Choice Privileges are a sleeper value for stays in Europe with breakfasts often included
The new American Express® Gold Card is incredible for spend at US Restaurants as well as US Supermarkets. See the details below!
|AMEX CARD||BENEFITS & INFO|
|American Express® Gold Card|
Must Reads: For more info on the Amex Gold Card, see our guides on its benefits and perks, as well as our full review.
Delta Elite Status
I love Delta Diamond Medallion status and the Medallion Qualification Mile (MQM) Boosts of the American Express Delta Platinum and American Express Delta Reserve get me closer to soon reaching 2 million lifetime miles!
I prefer the business versions of these cards because monthly spend does not show on credit reports. I frequently spend a lot on these cards and would not want my reported credit utilization to increase.
|CREDIT CARD||CARD INFO|
|Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card|
|Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card|
New from Hilton
The refreshed lineup of Hilton cards is worth a look, especially the Hilton Honors Surpass® Card from American Express or the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card for giving Hilton Honors Gold status and their earning potential.
A ‘No Brainer’ Card for Businesses
For business owners, the American Express Blue Business℠ Plus earns 2x points everyone up to $50,000 per year and has no annual fee, yet can transfer to all Membership Rewards partners. An incredible value!
For those who prefer cash back, the American Express® Blue Business Cash Card is a great small business option with a simple earning structure of 2% cash back on all eligible purchases on up to $50,000 per calendar year, then 1.
I travel America and the world for business and pleasure. I got into rewards credit cards to achieve my goal of traveling to every country in the world – I’ve been to 190 and have 3 to go.
I am decades ahead of where I thought I would be before I learned the value of miles and points.
Miles and points mean that when my wife wants to celebrate her birthday in Hong Kong, a bit of nostalgia from when we were living in Asia and dating, we can do it in style. Or I can bring my family in for my father’s 70th birthday celebration this year during peak summer travel season.