"Earn 4X Membership Rewards points at restaurants and U.S. supermarkets."
Learn More (at Amex's secure site)
While the American Express® Gold Card might be the little brother to the benefit-packed, and more expensive, The Platinum Card® from American Express, it certainly still holds its own as a top-notch travel rewards card.
The Amex Gold card is a powerful point-earner, especially when it comes to dining and grocery purchases, and it even offers an annual dining credit. So if you love food and travel (and who doesn’t?) then the Amex Gold card might be the perfect card for you.
Hot Tip: Check to see if you’re eligible for a welcome bonus of up to 90,000 points with the Amex Gold card! (The current public offer is 60,000 points.)
- Welcome Bonus & Info (Partner Content)
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S., and earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Uber Cash on Gold: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- $120 Dining Credit: Satisfy your cravings and earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the American Express® Gold Card at Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar and select Shake Shack locations. Enrollment required.
- Choose the color that suits your style. Gold or Rose Gold.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms Apply.
- Bonus Valuation:* $1,320
- Earn 4x Membership Rewards points per $1 at restaurants worldwide, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S.
- Earn 4x Membership Rewards points per $1 at U.S. supermarkets, up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, and 1x thereafter
- Earn 3x Membership Rewards points per $1 on flights purchased directly with airlines or at Amex Travel
- $120 annual dining credit: $10 monthly at select restaurants or Grubhub/Seamless purchases
- Access to Amex Offers
- Trip delay insurance
- Baggage insurance
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to the American Express Hotel Collection
- Access to American Express transfer partners
- $250 annual fee
- Does not offer elite benefits like airport lounge access
*This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP and not the card issuer.
Current Welcome Offer
Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $4,000 on purchases on your new card in your first 6 months.
Don’t Get If
- You don’t spend much money on the cards bonus categories or travel much
- You prefer a more premium card that offers airport lounge access or hotel elite status (such as the Amex Platinum)
Great Card If
- You spend a lot on groceries, dining out, and airfare
- You want a card that earns flexible rewards
- You’re easily able to make use of the cards annual dining credit and benefits
Apply for The Amex Gold Card