Last Updated: 7/08/2018
Upgraded Points is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data, and I will gladly assist you.
When you visit this site, you have the option to sign up for voluntary marketing contact, such as email newsletters, by voluntarily providing your personal contact information.
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
In addition to this policy, please read over our Terms and Conditions, which you are agreeing to adhere to when using this website.
Personal Data: Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing: Any operation or set of operations that is performed on Personal Data or on Sets of Personal Data.
Data Subject: A natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child: A natural person under 16 years of age.
We/Us/Our: we and/or us and/or our refers to Upgraded Points LLC.
Our Data Protection Principles
We agree to follow the following data principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, and transparent. Our Processing activities are lawful. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose for which the data is processed.
- Processing is done with minimal amount of data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited to a certain time period. We will not store Personal Data longer than necessary.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of any data we store.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of any and all data we store.
You, as the Data Subject, have the following rights:
- Right to Information: You have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to Access: You have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure: In certain circumstances, you may request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to Restrict Processing: Where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to Object to Processing: In certain cases, you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to Object to Automated Processing: You have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling, and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. You may exercise this right whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: In the event that we refuse your request under the Right to Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us at email@example.com.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with Supervisory Authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the state of your residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes on your rights.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: You have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We collect information from you in the following ways:
- Information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. This might include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, billing address, home address, etc. Mainly information that is necessary for providing you with a product and/or service to enhance your user experience with us.
- If you would like to revoke consent for your personal information to be used for other purposes, such as marketing, follow the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of any material you receive through text or email.
- Cookie and Pixel information from visiting our site and through our advertisements on this site and other sites (i.e. social media, Google, and so forth).
- This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your IP address, your pageview history etc. This information is used to improve your user experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
- Collected from a third party other than our site regarding our services.
- We might gather information about you that is publicly available, such as any other voluntary information other than that directly provided, such as location, device details, and so on.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to process an order in the event that our services, at some point in time, include direct to consumer products for sale and information to ship an order.
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you, including but not limited to registering your account, providing you with other products and services that you have requested, providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services, communicating and interacting with you, and notifying you of changes to any services;
- enhance your user experience;
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
- gain information via Google Analytics such as the country in which you reside in and how many pages you visit on our site; and
- ensure you are a real person and not a bot when leaving a comment or review.
We use your Personal Data for legitimate reasons and/or with your consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- allow you access to comment on posts and/or post reviews;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing; and
- to send you emails after you have subscribed to our email list.
We also Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyze our client base (purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/services offered/provided; and
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction.
So long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or the same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be in our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for; and
- to leave a comment and/or review.
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligations arising from any legal matter and/or use your Personal Data as required by law. We reserve the right to make anonymous Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is made anonymous. We save your name and email so that we can send you emails/newsletters to which you can unsubscribe at any time.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests; and
- there would be appropriate safeguards for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers.
All personal information collected by Upgraded Points is kept private.
Additionally, Upgraded Points or its third-party services may be located in a jurisdiction different from your own, and as such laws regarding privacy may vary.
If we are required by law, or becomes part of an investigation, we will disclose your personal information to the proper authorities.
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary Cookies // These cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality Cookies // These cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics Cookies // These cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
- Advertising Cookies // These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites.
We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
Personal information related to transactions or purchases is required in order to ensure the best user experience possible. Once a transaction is complete, your personal information will be stored in your personal account, but will not be used again without your permission.
If you would like to revoke consent for your personal information to be used for other purposes, such as marketing, follow the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of any material you receive through text or email.
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonyms and pseudonyms where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks with security software.
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
By using any part of this website, you consent that you are at least (a) the age of majority in your jurisdiction; or (b) that you are at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction and you have given us permission to let any minors in your charge to use our site.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We never intend to use your data maliciously and will update our policy in order to ensure our users that such intent is being followed.