Jobs & Careers – We’re Hiring! [ONE Open Position]
Compliance Associate (Credit Cards & Finance)
In this role, you’ll play a vital role in maintaining compliance with the content on Upgraded Points. This role flexs between compliance editing and issuer compliance tasks.
The compliance editing part of this role is to edit and review articles for grammar, structure, tone, and AP/proprietary style specifically regarding credit card and financial compliance information, ensuring we produce polished copy worthy of our large audience.
A part of the role will be cross-checking article information against issuer-provided information and internal resources so that credit card information is accurate, consistent, and compliant with any issuer regulations.
One of the tasks related to issuer compliance is to collaborate with issuers to ensure that Upgraded Points accurately reflects any updates made to their products. This encompasses a variety of tasks from front-end to back-end updates, submitting mockups, completing issuer-required reporting, and launching product updates. These tasks must be completed efficiently and accurately given that our issuers require accuracy and timeliness to update our information.
• Receive information from issuers and update that information on the front-end and back-end to ensure information consistency site-wide.
• Communicate with issuers regarding deadlines, launches, and updates of affiliate and non-affiliate products.
• Complete weekly and monthly issuer reports.
• Edit articles, card reviews, news snippets related to credit card benefits, and financial information.
• Copy edit and fact-check digital copy to ensure all financial information is correct and aligned with financial partner information.
• Edit multiple projects with different templates and formats.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of credit cards.
- Experience working in a content management system, preferably WordPress.
- Strong editing skills with a thorough understanding of AP Style.
- A proven track record of editing for the web or print, with the ability to communicate why changes should be made; not simply correcting errors or improving writing.
- Ability to edit clear, clean copy, turning out headlines, posts and stories that are timely, thought-provoking, and as clickable and shareable as they are editorially sound.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Media, or Marketing or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. (There is flexibility here)
- Able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- A team player who excels in cross-functional settings.
- Well-organized, self-driven, and motivated.
- Willing to learn new duties and technology-related skills as required.
Are You Interested?
Please email Alex (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following subject line: Compliance Associate Position