Upgraded Points has an amazing team of writers and we’re looking to add another ninja to the bunch! 🙂
The website continues to grow rapidly — and we’re on pace to reach our 2018 target of 4 million visitors this year (at the rate we’re going, we’ll probably end up breaking that!).
The content we publish at UP is different from most other blogs in this space as our obsession lies in producing incredibly in-depth and detailed pieces.
Nearly every article has the intention of being the “definitive guide” to the subject at hand because we want to give our readers as much information as possible, in one place.
This means that the majority of our articles are ~2-5k words long and take a LOT of time to research. Do consider this strongly if you’re thinking of applying!
All this being said, there is currently 1 open position we’re looking to fill at UP:
Table of Contents
Advanced Points & Miles Writer (Min 2-3 Articles Per Week)
If you’re interested in this position, please carefully read through the details below. We’re searching for a very specific type of writer to add to the team!
We’re looking for a writer who is…
- Available to consistently write 2-3 articles per week. NOTE: Articles on UP are typically between 2-5k words each so this will require 20-25 hours per week, it simply can’t be done with less time than that.
- Very advanced with points and miles, who really knows the in’s and out’s! If your friends and family think you’re obsessed with points, this is a good sign 🙂
- Extremely detail orientated — writers must willing to go above and beyond on any topic that has been assigned. Truly – if you don’t love (or at least tolerate) heavy research, this won’t be a good fit. If you’ve read some of our articles, you’ve likely noticed when we publish content about any topic, we really get into it.
- Responsive and a pro-active communicator, who doesn’t need chasing down or micro-managing because that’s just not fun for anyone!
- Willing to format their articles, source and include images into posts etc (UP is on WordPress, it would definitely make it easier if you’ve used this CMS before but is not a requirement). Writers are not expected to edit as we have the wonderful Keri who does that!
We’re looking for a writer to be (very) comfortable tackling these types of articles, please take a look:
- How To Fly Singapore Suites For Just 4,000 Additional KrisFlyer Miles
- 9 Best Ways To Use Asiana Miles For Maximum Value
- The Definitive Guide To Flying To Japan on Points & Miles
- How To Book JetBlue Mint Award Flights (Step by Step)
- 11 Ways To Redeem 100,000 Delta SkyMiles (For Max Value)
- 20 Valuable Benefits of The Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card
If you’re organized and proactive, if you’re head over heels in love with points (duh), and if you want to be part of a rapidly growing site with an exciting dynamic – you’ll fit in well!
A Bit More About The Team
We’re a small yet energetic team that’s taking on BIG challenges – and we love what we do!
The UP family is an enthusiastic group of contract employees. We each work from our respective cities but communicate daily.
So, you’ll definitely enjoy this position if you like the idea of working remotely & independently yet as a part of a cohesive group.
As For Compensation
UP rewards it’s writers handsomely for each article. Additionally, for writing positions of this caliber, we incorporate a generous bonus structure which is determined by the volume of content written on a monthly basis.
Yet another reason to apply only if you can commit to consistently producing content!
Open Door Policy
Don’t worry, while the above list of requirements seems pretty demanding – we look after our team in numerous ways and always love hearing ideas and suggestions on how to make things run smoother and easier for all.
Founder of UP