Asiana Airlines Elite Status
Asiana has 4 elite tiers: Gold, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Platinum.
Gold: The benefits of Asiana’s lowest tier aren’t incredible, but it is nice that you earn the status for 2 years. Here are a few of the benefits that you’ll receive at this level:
- 2 business class lounge passes in South Korea (ICN)
- 5% bonus miles when flying
- Access to award flights that require 50% fewer miles during peak season
Diamond: After earning this status level, you’ll have access to additional benefits that include:
- The benefits of Gold, as well as:
- Access for you and a guest to the business class lounge in South Korea (ICN)
- Access to Star Alliance Gold business class lounges
- 10% bonus miles when flying
- Priority boarding
Diamond Plus: Asiana’s second highest elite level offers the following benefits:
- The benefits of Diamond, as well as:
- Access for you and a guest to a lounge in South Korea (ICN) 1 class higher than the class of ticket you are holding
- 15% bonus miles when flying
Platinum: The highest elite tier that you can earn comes with these benefits:
- The benefits of Diamond Plus as well as:
- 2 coupons that offer a 50% discount on upgraded awards, or a 10,000-mile discount on an award flight
- Access for you and a guest to the highest class lounge in South Korea (ICN)
- 20% bonus miles when flying
If you’re interested in diving into more detail about the elite benefits at each tier, go here.
Value of Asiana Club Elite Status
Asiana elite status only makes sense if you are based in South Korea or fly Asiana regularly.
If you meet one of those 2 criteria, access to premium lounges, reduced mileage awards, and bonus miles when flying are all benefits to take advantage of.
Earning Asiana Club Elite Status
Qualification for elite status with Asiana is straightforward relative to many award programs.
Asiana has 2 ways to qualify:
- The number of miles you earn while flying
- The number of times you board a flight
Flying miles are earned by flying Asiana Airlines, a Star Alliance airline, Air Busan, or Air Seoul.
Boarding instances are earned by boarding an Asiana Airlines, Air Busan, or Air Seoul flight.
In order to earn Gold status, you’ll need to earn 20,000 miles in a 24-month period or have boarded 30 Asiana Airlines flights.
Diamond status requires 40,000 miles in a 24-month period or 50 boardings of an Asiana Airlines flight.
If you’re looking to earn Diamond Plus status, you’ll need 100,000 miles in a 24-month period or 100 Asiana Airlines flight boardings.
You can earn Asiana’s highest elite status, Platinum, with 1,000,000 miles or 1,000 boardings on Asiana Airlines flights.
Find more details about the requirements for each elite tier level here.