Update: The offers mentioned below have expired and are no longer available.
Air Canada frequent flyers and Aeroplan fans, take note — Air Canada has announced its Black Friday sale and there are some pretty good deals.
Whether you are flying Air Canada, staying at a partner hotel, or even just doing some online shopping, now is your chance to save some money and earn some extra points.
From 20% off flights to 10x miles via the Aeroplan eStore, there is a lot to cover, so let’s jump in!
Air Canada Black Friday Event
The Air Canada Black Friday Event is quite wide-ranging, covering essentially all of the major ways to earn points and travel within the Aeroplan ecosystem.
Flights and Travel Offers
If you are looking to book a flight, travel package, or just want to stock up on some gift cards, now is the time to do so. Just pay attention to the individual offer dates:
- Air Canada is offering up to 20% off seats to all destinations worldwide, and no promo code is needed. Make sure to add promo code 20MILLION to receive a guaranteed 1,000 bonus points for each booking as part of a 20 million point giveaway. This offer is valid until November 28, 2021.
- Travelers looking to increase their savings should consider booking an Air Canada Vacations package, as those are currently up to 40% off. Again, using the promo code 20MILLION will net you some extra points as well. This offer is valid until November 25, 2021.
- Finally, buying Air Canada gift cards can earn 5 points per $1 on purchases over $750. Purchases less than $750 will earn the standard 1 point per $1. This offer is valid until November 29, 2021.
Hotels and Cars
For anyone who is booking a hotel or rental car and wants to save or earn some Aeroplan points, these offers may be interesting…
- For Aeroplan members who want to spend some points on hotels, you can save up to 30% at partner hotels like IHG and Omni Hotels. This offer is valid until November 29, 2021.
- Members looking to hit the road will find deals either booking with points or cash:
- Members booking with points can earn 500 bonus points with Avis or 250 bonus points with Budget. Reservations must be made by November 28, 2021, and completed by February 28, 2022.
- Members booking a rental car and paying cash can get up to 25% off at Avis and earn up to 2,500 Aeroplan points or 30% off at Budget and earn up to 2,000 Aeroplan points. Reservations must be for at least 2 days, booked by November 29, 2021, and completed by February 28, 2022.
If you’re not ready to pull the trigger on a trip, it’s always a good time to earn some bonus points on purchases you were already planning on making.
One of the best ways to earn points and miles is through a shopping portal, and the Aeroplan eStore has some great promotions lined up for Black Friday. Earning rates through Cyber Monday will vary, with some popular stores hitting impressive earning rates such as:
- 3x points per $1 at Amazon
- 5x points per $1 at Apple, Dell, and Gap
- 6x points per $1 at Lululemon
- 8x points per $1 at Sephora
- 10x points per $1 at Dyson and Under Armour
Hot Tip: Once you earn all of those bonus points, be sure to learn how to use your Aeroplan Points for maximum value!
If you like earning and burning Aeroplan points, the Air Canada Black Friday Event is a great opportunity to do so.
Members can save some serious cash or points on redemptions, or earn some valuable Aeroplan points on travel, or even just online shopping.
Black Friday can provide some great travel deals — don’t miss them!
Featured Image Credit: