We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Alaska Airlines and Lyft are partnering up to offer miles for every dollar spent on Lyft rides … an easy way to pick up additional miles for taking ride-share rides you’re probably going to take anyway.
Lyft recently partnered with Hilton Honors and Delta SkyMiles, so the addition of Alaska Mileage Plan is the latest of several options to earn miles while using Lyft.
Earning Mileage Plan Miles With Lyft
Earning miles with the Lyft partnership is easy. First, you need to link your accounts, which is free.
- To link your accounts, visit the partnership website. You’ll need to know your Alaska Mileage Plan login details, as well as have access to the phone number enrolled with Lyft in order to verify your accounts.
- Keep in mind that your Lyft account may have the option to earn points with Hilton or earn miles with Delta. You’ll need to ensure your rewards earning settings are toggled to earn Alaska miles if that is what you want to earn. You can only choose 1 currency to earn from.
Here’s how you’ll earn miles:
- For every dollar you spend on Lyft rides in the U.S. and Canada, you’ll earn 1 Alaska Mileage Plan mile. This includes all Lyft ride options, such as Lyft Standard, Wait & Save, Priority Pickup, Shared, Shared Saver, Preferred, Lyft XL, Lux, Lux Black, and Lux Black XL.
- Through December 31, 2022, you can earn 2 miles per dollar spent as part of a special launch promotion.
There are a few notes about earning:
- You can only earn miles after you link your accounts, so it pays to link them sooner rather than later.
- Only the primary rider in a party can earn Mileage Plan miles.
- There isn’t a cap on the number of miles you can earn, so the more rides you take, the more miles you’ll earn.
- International rides are not eligible, with the exception of Canada.
- Keep in mind that government-imposed taxes and fees, tolls, and tips are not eligible for earning miles.
Hot Tip: Make sure to charge your rides to one of our recommended credit cards for Lyft. Select Chase cards can earn up to 10x points through March 2025 on Lyft purchases!
It’s exciting to see Lyft add a new earning partner to its network. While you wouldn’t necessarily go out of your way to ride Lyft just to earn Alaska miles, it’s a nice perk for a ride you likely would have taken regardless. Be sure to link your accounts now to begin earning, and take advantage of the double earning through the remainder of the year.
Featured Image Credit: Alaska Airlines
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.