Edited by: Nick Ellis
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® is a well-rounded card for everyday uses, mainly because it earns 1.5% cash back on purchases outside its excellent bonus categories.
Now, this fan-favorite starter card comes with a special welcome offer for new applicants. Chase will automatically match all of the cash-back earned on the Freedom Unlimited card at the end of their first year — with no maximum limit!
The standard welcome bonus offer on the Freedom Unlimited card has been $200 cash-back (awarded as 20,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) after spending $500 in the first three months, which is normally a great offer for a no-annual-fee card. But this special offer can greatly boost your rewards, so we’ll dive into the details.
Chase Freedom Unlimited Card’s Special Offer: Cash-Back Match After 1 Year
With this special offer, new cardholders can enjoy a cash-back match to all the rewards earned at the end of their first year. Best of all, there’s no limit to how much you can earn.
- 5% back on travel purchased through Chase
- 3% back on dining and drugstore purchases
- 1.5% back on all other eligible purchases
Most rewards cards only offer 1% back on non-bonus categories. That extra 0.5% boost can make a huge difference in earning thousands of points annually on purchases outside common bonus categories. Therefore, the Freedom Unlimited card is a frontrunner whether you’re shopping for holiday gifts or paying for tuition.
Learn More(at Chase's secure site)
The rating for this card has been determined by our own industry experts who know the in's and out's of credit card products. Bonuses, rewards as well as rates and fees are all taken into account. Compensation from the issuer does not affect our rating. We only recommend products we either use ourselves or endorse.
This all-purpose cash-back card offers great bonus categories, including bonus points for every purchase you make!
Matched Cash Back
SPECIAL OFFER: Unlimited Matched Cash Back. Chase will automatically match all the cash back you earned at the end of your first year! There is no limit to how much cash back you can earn.
0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 20.49% - 29.24%.
Good to Excellent (670-850)
Upgraded Points credit ranges are a variation of FICO®Score 8, one of many types of credit scores lenders may use when considering your credit cardapplication.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® is easily one of the best cash-back credit cards on the market. There aren’t many no-annual-fee credit cards that offer multiple great bonus categories like 5% back on travel purchased through Chase, 3% back on dining and drugstore purchases, and 1.5% back on all other purchases.
When paired with other Chase cards in the Ultimate Rewards family, you can transfer that cash back into points if you wish – making it one of the most lucrative cards in your wallet.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 20.49% - 29.24%.
- 5% back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- 3% back on dining and drugstore purchases
- 1.5% back on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- Earn big on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Everyday bonus on dining and drugstores
- Straightforward cash-back on all other purchases
- Ability to pool points
- 3% foreign transaction fee
- SPECIAL OFFER: Unlimited Matched Cash Back. Use your card for all your purchases and at the end of your first year, Chase will automatically match all the cash back you earned! There is no limit to how much you can earn. Every dollar in cash back rewards you earn is a dollar Chase will match.
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back is just the beginning of what you can earn. You’ll enjoy 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services, 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more; and 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
- Enjoy 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 20.49% – 29.24%.
- No minimum to redeem for cash back. You can choose to receive a statement credit or direct deposit into most U.S. checking and savings accounts. Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open!
- No annual fee – You won’t have to pay an annual fee for all the great features that come with your Freedom Unlimited® card
- Keep tabs on your credit health, Chase Credit Journey helps you monitor your credit with free access to your latest score, real-time alerts, and more.
- Member FDIC
- APR: 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 20.49% - 29.24%.
- Foreign Transaction Fees: 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Benefits of the Chase Freedom Unlimited
- Chase Freedom Unlimited Requirements and Credit Score
- Car Rental Benefits of the Chase Freedom Unlimited
- Chase Freedom Unlimited vs Chase Freedom Flex
- Chase Freedom Unlimited vs Sapphire Preferred
- Amex Blue Cash Everyday vs Chase Freedom Unlimited
- Best 0% Interest Credit Cards
- Best Everyday Credit Cards
- Best Credit Cards for Bills and Utilities
- Best Instant Use Credit Cards
However, you could earn an even greater payout with this special offer. Let’s say you spent $3,000 on travel, $5,000 on combined purchases at dining and drugstores, and $20,000 on all other purchases in the first year. You could earn:
- 15,000 points on travel booked through Chase
- 15,000 points on dining and drugstores
- 30,000 points on all other eligible purchases
- 60,000 additional points at the end of year 1 with the special offer
Considering the standard welcome bonus offer on the Freedom Unlimited card is $200 cash-back, or 20,000 points, this special offer can be a great way to earn tons of Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
How To Maximize the Freedom Unlimited Card
Even though the Freedom Unlimited card earns cash back, the rewards will be awarded as Chase Ultimate Rewards points. This can be crucial to your points-earning strategy, as you can pool your rewards earned from Chase’s travel cards like the Chase Sapphire Reserve®, Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, or the Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
Learn more about the best ways you can redeem your Chase Ultimate Rewards points for maximum value.
This special offer on the Freedom Unlimited card is like earning double the rewards for the first year. If you’ve considered applying for this card, now would be a great time to jump on one of the best offers we’ve seen on the card in recent history!
Featured Image Credit: Blake Wisz via Unsplash
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.