Edited by: Keri Stooksbury
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Delta Air Lines has added several new routes for the 2024 season, including several route extensions. These routes add additional options to several popular cities, and you’ll be able to book these flights immediately.
New Transatlantic Routes and Updates
Here are the transatlantic routes Delta is adding in 2024:
- Atlanta to Zurich (ZRH) — This route will start May 31, 2024, and will operate 4 times a week.
- New York (JFK) to Naples (NAP) — This new route will commence on May 23, 2024. This is likely in response to American’s new flight out of Philadelphia to Naples that is set to start around the same time.
- New York (JFK) to Munich (MUC) — This route will operate 3 times a week, beginning April 9, 2024.
- New York (JFK) to Shannon (SNN) — This route was last operated in 2019 and will restart on May 23, 2024. Shannon is on the western side of Ireland and serves an entirely different customer base than those headed to Dublin.
- There will be increases in flights for the 2024 season from:
- Atlanta (ATL) to Paris (CDG)
- Atlanta (ATL) to Venice (VCE)
- There will be additional flights from:
- Boston (BOS) to Athens (ATH)
- Cincinnati (CVG) to Paris (CDG)
- Detroit (DTW) to Paris (CDG)
- Detroit (DTW) to Reykjavik (KEF)
- New York (JFK) to Barcelona (BCN)
The only new destination on this list is Naples, Italy, which will serve customers looking to access the Italian coast.
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Auckland (AKL), previously scheduled as a seasonal service commencing October 28, 2023, will now operate year-round thanks to strong bookings.
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Shanghai (PVG) will begin on March 31, 2024, and will be served 4 times a week, offering connections on partner China Eastern Airlines.
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Sydney (SYD) will increase to twice daily starting in December 2023. Australia has recently seen a dramatic surge in capacity following the COVID-19 pandemic, and thanks to Delta’s partnership with Rex, the airline is clearly seeing a lot of demand for the land down under.
Delta is adding a number of additional frequencies to popular destinations and extending the season on 1. While Naples is the only new destination on the list, the additional flights to other hotspot cities will provide even more convenience and schedule for passengers looking to book.
Featured Image Credit: Delta Air Lines
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.