Edited by: Keri Stooksbury
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Hyatt will be opening over 25 new hotels across the Americas over the next few years, an exciting expansion for the chain across luxury and lifestyle brands. You’ll find new hotels in sunny spots like Cancún and metropolitan areas like Toronto. All of these properties will be redeemable with World of Hyatt points, so you’ll want to check out each destination to see what’s in store!
New Hotels in the U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, Costa Rica, and Canada
Hyatt is focusing on warm and city destinations for its upcoming round of new hotels. Here are the new properties and their anticipated opening dates:
|Hotel Name||Location||Opening Date|
|Andaz Miami Beach||Miami, Florida||2025|
|Andaz Toronto-Yorkville||Toronto, Canada||2025|
|Andaz Turks & Caicos at Grace Bay||Turks & Caicos||2025|
|Caption By Hyatt Chattanooga Downtown||Chattanooga, Tennessee||2024|
|Cas en Bas Beach Resort||Cap Estate, Saint Lucia||2024|
|Dreams Estrella Del Mar Mazatlan Golf & Spa Resort||Mazatlan, Mexico||TBD|
|Dreams Grand Island||Cancún, Mexico||TBD|
|Dreams Playa Esmerelda||Punta Cana, Dominican Republic||TBD|
|Grand Hyatt Cancún Beach Resort||Cancún, Mexico||2025|
|Grand Hyatt Grand Cayman Hotel & Residences||George Town, Grand Cayman||2025|
|Grand Hyatt Scottsdale Resort & Spa||Scottsdale, Arizona||2024|
|Hyatt Centric Escazu San Jose||San Jose, Costa Rica||2024|
|Hyatt Centric Querétaro||Querétaro, Mexico||2025|
|Hyatt Centric Santo Domingo||Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic||2024|
|Hyatt Vivid Grand Island||Cancún, Mexico||TBD|
|Park Hyatt Los Cabos at Cabo del Sol||Cabo San Lucas, Mexico||2024|
|Park Hyatt Mexico City||Mexico City, Mexico||2025|
|Secrets Playa Blanca Costa Mujeres||Costa Mujeres, Mexico||TBD|
|Secrets Playa Esmerelda||Punta Cana, Dominican Republic||TBD|
|Secrets St. Lucia Resort & Spa||Castries, St. Lucia||2024|
|Secrets Tulum Resort & Beach Club||Tulum, Mexico||TBD|
|Thompson Houston||Houston, Texas||November 29, 2023|
|Thompson Monterrey||Monterrey, Mexico||2025|
|Thompson Palm Springs||Palm Springs, California||May 1, 2024|
|Thompson South Beach||South Beach, Florida||2024|
There are a few hotels on this list that really stand out, either due to the brand or location:
- Andaz Toronto-Yorkville joins the other 2 Hyatt properties in the city, the Park Hyatt and the Hyatt Regency. The Andaz will be situated in the middle of these 2, luxury-wise, so having a mid- to upper-tier hotel in the city will be nice.
- Grand Hyatt Cancún Beach Resort will be the third Hyatt hotel in the Cancún/Yucatán Peninsula area. It’ll play host to 11 restaurants and 6 bars, making this hotel a massive property.
- Grand Hyatt Grand Cayman Hotel & Residences will be the largest conference hotel on the island, right near the main town of George Town.
- Grand Hyatt Scottsdale Resort & Spa will take over the former Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranchy property, which didn’t receive the best of reviews. It’s clear Hyatt will be putting a lot of money into this resort to bring it up to Grand Hyatt standards.
- Park Hyatt Mexico City will be the first true luxury hotel for Hyatt in Mexico City. The Park Hyatt brand is known for premium rooms, great food, and impeccable service, and these hotels can usually be only found in major cities worldwide.
- Thompson Palm Springs has been plagued by construction delays over the last few years. It was first anticipated to be an Andaz but was later transferred into a Thompson. The property has been at a standstill over the past several years, so when it opens in May 2024, it will be a monumental feat considering the challenges this property has faced.
- Thompson South Beach and Andaz Miami Beach will be somewhat close to the Hyatt Centric South Beach, the only other property close to Lincoln Road. These are sure to be hip (yet expensive) hotels.
Most of these hotels will open over the next 2 to 3 years; however, some hotels do not have a defined opening date. As construction progresses, Hyatt will release more accurate opening dates for these hotels.Hot Tip:
Hyatt has not released the point category of most of these hotels; however, the vast majority are luxury in nature and will likely be in the Category 5 to 8 range.
Some of these new Hyatt hotels are truly exciting spots and will certainly be worth a visit. In many cases, these hotels add to the Hyatt portfolio in those cities, providing even more options for guests to choose from.
Featured Image Credit: Hyatt
Was this page helpful?
INSIDERS ONLY: UP PULSE™
Travel is changing fast... Stay on top of all the points strategies, exclusive offers & pivotal news - and lock in huge savings along the way.
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.