We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update: The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
If you’re looking to fly business class between Boston and London this winter, United has launched a sale that can save you $250 when flying Polaris, United’s flagship premium inflight product.
Dates are limited and you need to book quickly, but this could represent big savings on your next flight across the pond.
Let’s take a look at the details…
Save $250 on Polaris Flights with Promo Code
Through November 30, 2022, targeted MileagePlus members can use promo code “BOSTOBIGBEN” and save $250 off United Polaris flights from Boston (BOS) to London Heathrow Airport (LHR).
This code is valid on select flights, and terms apply, including:
- Tickets must be purchased by 11:59 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on November 30, 2022, while supplies last.
- Discount valid for travel between October 19, 2022, and January 19, 2023. All travel must be completed by January 19, 2023.
- Targeted MileagePlus members must be logged in to their account
- Valid for one-way or roundtrip flights from BOS to LHR
- Maximum of $250 discount
- New tickets only, code may not be applied to previously issued tickets
- Not all published fares may allow the discount. United Packages, United Vacations, and United Specials purchases do not qualify for this offer.
- The promo code has no usage limit (multiple trips can be booked)
How To Book
Searching for and booking is relatively easy on United.com.
First, enter your route (BOS to LHR) and the date(s) you are looking for. Then click on Advanced Search, scroll down, click on Upgrades, certificates, and promotion codes, and enter code BOSTOBIGBEN in the Promotions and certifications field.
Eligible flights for the $250 discount will be marked as Special offer in the search results.
At check out, you will see the discount under Cost breakdown.
If you prefer to book via the United app, you will add the promo code under the Advanced search section.
As always, do your own research to see if this promotion is a good deal for your dates.
A quick search on Google Flights brought up some similarly-priced flights on JetBlue Mint, Virgin Atlantic Upper Class, and Delta One — all very good products.
Hot Tip: Want to get a feel for what it’s like to fly in United’s Polaris product to London? Check out our latest Polaris review!
What To Expect in Polaris Business Class
Polaris is United’s international business class product, and it is very solid — especially if you can enjoy some time in the United Polaris lounge before your flight. Unfortunately, that isn’t an option with this sale as there is no United Polaris Lounge at Boston Logan Airport.
However, the inflight experience is still quite good and you can expect:
- Lie-flat seats in your suite with custom luxury bedding by Saks Fifth Avenue
- Complimentary Away amenity kit featuring travel essentials including premium skincare items from Sunday Riley
- Elevated inflight dining service, plus complimentary drinks and snacks
- Complimentary checked baggage and Premier Access benefits
Overall, this can be a great way to save $250 if you were already getting ready to book a United Polaris flight from Boston to London. The dates are a bit limited, but this could be useful to people traveling for the holidays.
As always, check the competition first, especially now that Virgin Atlantic is flying its brand-new A330-900neo featuring The Retreat Suite to Boston, and don’t forget that JetBlue Mint continues to be a fantastic experience.
Whether you are looking for a roundtrip flight or just a one-way, flying United Polaris is a great way to cross the pond, and saving a few hundred bucks doing so is always welcome!
Featured Image Credit: United
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.