Update: The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
Alaska elites have already had their elite status with the Seattle-based airline extended through April 30, 2022, but for those who won’t be able to requalify, Alaska is offering a new opportunity for the first few months of 2022.
Here are all of the details!
Alaska Status Challenge Opportunity
All Alaska Mileage Plan elite members will be able to maintain their current status by earning the following number of base flight miles between January 1, 2022, and April 30, 2022:
- MVP Status: 5,000 base flight miles (usually requires 20,000 base miles in a calendar year)
- MVP Gold Status: 10,000 base flight miles (usually requires 40,000 base miles in a calendar year)
- MVP Gold 75K Status: 20,000 base flight miles (usually requires 75,000 base miles in a calendar year)
Remember that you’ll earn 1 base mile per mile flown with Alaska, along with its Oneworld and codeshare partners, but you will need to complete at least 2 segments with Alaska directly.
Here are the other terms to be aware of:
- No registration is necessary.
- You cannot use this promotion to increase your status level, only to requalify for the status level you already hold. Further, this offer is only valid for existing elite members.
- Requalifying for your status using this promotion entitles you to all standard elite perks, with the exception of the 50,000 bonus miles perk for MVP Gold 75K members.
This promotion isn’t much different from Alaska’s usual status match promotion, except that participants will have 120 days to meet the requirements instead of the usual 90 days.
Alaska has been quite generous with its elite status extensions, along with coming up with creative ways to make reaching or requalifying for elite status easier for its Mileage Plan members, and this is just one more example of that. If you’re someone who thought they likely would lose their Alaska status at the end of April 2022, then this promotion gives you a great chance to extend that status throughout the rest of the year.
Featured Image Credit:
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.