Edited by: Stella Shon
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
Until December 14, you can donate to a number of good causes through Southwest’s “Points with a Purpose” program and receive a bonus of up to 10,000 Rapid Rewards points.
This is a great way to not only pick up some extra points this holiday season but also support a number of worthy charities.
Here’s how you can help.
Southwest’s Points With a Purpose Campaign
This promotion runs from December 1 through December 14, 2023. You’ll receive 10 Rapid Rewards points per dollar donated, with a $25 minimum contribution.
Here are the charities you can support:
- Honor Flight Network, which flies in veterans to visit memorials in Washington, D.C.
- Make-A-Wish, which creates life-changing experiences for children with severe illness.
- Canine Companions for Independence, which provides service dogs to eligible children, adults, and veterans.
- Guide Dogs of America, which provides partnerships with service animals.
- Asian Pacific Islander American Scholars, which provides access to higher education for Asian and Pacific Islander students.
- Hispanic Heritage Foundation, which provides cultural leadership, focusing on education and innovation for the Hispanic community.
- Rescue America, which provides a 24/7 hotline for the sexually exploited.
- Airlink, which provides free transportation to non-governmental organizations.
- American Red Cross, which provides support during disasters.
- Team Rubicon, which provides volunteers to support various crises throughout the world.
You can donate here through the Points with a Purpose program. A maximum of 10,000 Rapid Rewards points can be earned through this promotion, which is roughly $110 in airfare based on our valuations. Southwest operates a revenue-based loyalty program where points equate to the cash cost of the flight.Hot Tip:
If you’ve got some spare cash to donate to a worthy charity this season, your generosity can pay off with up to 10,000 Rapid Rewards points. You only have a few weeks to make an eligible donation, so be sure to do it before December 14.
Featured Image Credit: American Red Cross
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.