Edited by: Juan Ruiz
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Disneyland is giving visitors a lot to look forward to in 2024 by releasing its list of special events in advance for the first time. There are events all year long, so no matter when you go, you’re in for a treat.
Here’s what you can expect from Disneyland in 2024.
Returning Festivals and New Attractions
Disneyland Resort’s Pixar Place Hotel‘s January opening will be the first of several exciting happenings around the resort, followed by Pixar Fest from April 26 through August 4.
Pixar Fest is the longest single event at the park and will celebrate friendship and more. “Better Together: A Pixar Pals Celebration”, a new daytime parade, comes to Disney California Adventure, as well as “Together Forever — A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular will be returning.
Here is the list of other notable celebrations and festivals returning to Disneyland next year:
- Lunar New Year at Disney California Adventure Park will take place January 23, 2024 through February 18, 2024, to welcome in the Year of the Dragon.
- Celebrate Gospel at Disneyland Park will be on February 17, 2024, and February 24, 2024, and will feature performances by Marvin Sapp and Tasha Cobbs.
- Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival is taking place on March 1, 2024, and lasting until April 22, 2024. This event will serve creative food and beverages, highlighting the diverse cultures and cuisines of California.
- Season of the Force at Disneyland Park runs from April 5, 2024 until June 2, 2024, and will include Hyperspace Mountain and new adventures on Star Tours — The Adventures Continue and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Galactic-themed fireworks will also be featured.
- Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort will return from August 23, 2024, to October 31, 2024, with characters dressed in Halloween costumes and other fall decor.
- Plaza de la Familia at Disney California Adventure Park is set to start on August 23, 2024, and end on November 2, 2024. This family-fun event will highlight the Mexican tradition of Día de Muertos with storytelling and music from Pixar’s “Coco.”
- Holidays at the Disneyland Resort will kick off on November 15, 2024, and bring the fan-favorite Disney Festival of Holidays to Disney California Adventure Park and more.
New offerings are also coming to Disneyland in 2024. Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is scheduled to open in late 2024.
Downtown Disney District will continue to evolve to include Paseo and Céntrico which will serve Mexican cuisine from Michelin-starred chef Carlos Gaytán. Din Tai Fung famous for its soup dumplings and noodles, will also open in 2024.
In addition to the events listed above, Disneyland will also feature some separately-ticketed events.
Disneyland After Dark will run from January 2024 through June 2024 and include 4 hosted parties with themed entertainment and character encounters. Oogie Boogie Bash will occur at Disney California Adventure Park and invite guests to dress up for Halloween.
Don’t forget to take advantage of reduced Disneyland ticket prices as low as $50 per child, per day for children ages 3 to 9 years old between January 8, 2024, and March 10, 2024. There are no blackout dates, and tickets are subject to availability. You can buy your tickets here.
When it comes to planning your Disneyland trip next year, the folks at Disneyland California are making it easier than ever before. Families who are uncertain about what to expect during a specific season but are interested in visiting the parks will find this compilation of festivals and attractions to be a useful resource for planning ahead.
Featured Image Credit: Joshua Sudock/Disneland Resort
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.