We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update: The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
New applicants to the Hilton Honors American Express Card or The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card can expect a refreshed welcome offer for a limited time.
In summary, the number of points in the welcome offer has been reduced from previous offers, while 1 free night reward has been introduced to both cards.
Depending on where you spend it, a free night reward can have over $2,000 of value!
Let’s take a look at the finer details of the more generous welcome offers for both the Hilton Honors card and Hilton Business Amex card.
Hilton Honors Card
New Offer: Earn 70,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points plus a Free Night Reward after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors card in the first 3 months of card membership.
The first thing to note here is that this offer has an end date of March 31, 2022, which suggests that this new offer could just be temporary.
Despite a smaller bonus than what has previously been offered, 70,000 points is still generous. That’s enough to get you 1 night at some of the Hilton properties we value highest for redemptions.
Not only that, but you can use your free night reward at over 6,000 Hilton hotels and resorts around the world.
A slight reduction in points in return for a free night reward is a trade-off to get excited about.
Hilton Honors Card Benefits
As well as the welcome offer associated with this card, members benefit from a host of extra perks.
In terms of spending, you’ll get a varying number of Hilton Honors bonus points depending on the category:
- 7x points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio
- 5x points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations
- 3x points for all other eligible purchases
Additional perks not associated with spending include:
- No foreign transaction fees (see rates and fees)
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status; spend $20,000 on eligible purchases on your card in a calendar year and you can earn an upgrade to Hilton Honors Gold status through the end of the next calendar year
Hot Tip: Which co-branded Hilton Honors credit card is right for you? Check out our guide to Amex Hilton Honors credit cards, including a comparison of the benefits and perks.
Hilton Business Amex Card
New Offer: Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points plus a Free Night Reward after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Hilton Business Amex card in the first 3 months of card membership.
Though the bonus points offered are considerably reduced over previous offers, the current offer of 130,000 points is enough to get you at least 2 nights at many Hilton properties.
Combining the bonus points the new free night reward and this new welcome offer can get you several nights for free at Hilton properties.
Hilton Business Amex Card Benefits
Similar to the Hilton Honors card, the Hilton Business Amex card comes with a host of benefits — some of which are related to spending:
- 12x points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio
- 6x points for each dollar on select business and travel purchases:
- at U.S. gas stations
- on wireless telephone services purchases directly from U.S. service providers
- on U.S. purchases for shipping
- at U.S. restaurants
- on flights booked directly with airlines or with Amex Travel
- on car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies
- 3x points on all other eligible purchases
Additional benefits include:
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status; spend $40,000 on eligible purchases on your card in a calendar year and you can earn Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year
- Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year
- Earn another Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend an additional $45,000 in purchases on your card in the same calendar year
A free night reward is one of the most valuable perks associated with the Hilton Honors program as it can have a value of over $2,000 — depending on where you redeem it.
Despite these new welcome bonuses offering a reduced number of bonus points earned when signing up to either the Hilton Honors card or Hilton Business Amex card, it’s a generous trade-off given the value of the free night reward that has replaced the extra points.
For rates and fees of the Hilton Honors American Express Card, click here.
Featured Image Credit: Monkey Business Images via Shutterstock
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.