Edited by: Keri Stooksbury
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
IHG has announced a massive expansion of its high-end voco brand throughout Europe — and some hotels are now open for guests.
Here’s what you need to know.
Nearly 40 Voco Hotels Open or Signed in Europe
IHG has announced the signing or opening of 10 new voco hotels across several European countries: Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, and the U.K.
Let’s take a look at the newly-opened hotels:
- voco Brussels City North, Belgium: This hotel has 92 guest rooms. Amenities include luggage robots, a bar, a restaurant, a gym, a terrace, and meeting spaces.
- voco Madrid Retiro, Spain: This hotel has 197 guest rooms and offers hybrid meeting rooms, a tapas bar, and a private rooftop.
- voco Paris – Porte de Clichy, France: This hotel offers 264 spacious rooms, a restaurant with a rum bar, 11 meeting rooms, a conservatory, and a co-working space.
- voco Vienna Prater, Austria: This 141-room hotel is located in the Brigittenau district near the Vindobona theatre.
Additionally, IHG has inked deals for the following locations:
- voco Algarve Formosa Park, Portugal: This hotel will have 61 suites, access to 2 golf courses, and a pool. The property is scheduled to open at the end of 2023.
- voco Belfast, Nothern Ireland: Scheduled to open in early 2024, this hotel will offer 120 rooms and marks the voco brand’s debut in Northern Ireland.
- voco Letchworth Hall, U.K.: This hotel will open in 2024 and have 87 rooms.
- voco Granada, Spain: This 166-room hotel will open in late 2025.
- voco Zeal Exeter Science Park, U.K.: This hotel will open in early 2025 with 142 rooms. Amenities include a restaurant, bar, gym, meeting space, and car charging points.
“Guests enjoy the individual character and local charm of each hotel, and the speed at which the brand is growing in these popular markets is great proof of its successful formula,” said Willemijn Geels, Vice President of Development, Europe at IHG Hotels & Resorts.
All told, the number of opened and signed properties voco properties has increased to 37, up from 28 at the end of 2022. You’ll find 55 voco hotels open worldwide, with 51 in the pipeline.
Booking Voco Hotels With IHG One Rewards Points
While most of these hotels are either in development or scheduled to open soon, several are already open and participating in the IHG One Rewards program. That means you can earn and redeem points at voco properties.
For example, for dates next February, rates at the voco Brussels City North start at 25,000 points (or $154) per night, while rates at voco Paris – Porte de Clichy start at 22,000 points (or $147) per night.
New voco hotels opening and in development is exciting news, as IHG loyalists will soon have several high-end points options across Europe. The rates at the newly-opened voco hotels are pretty reasonable, making these properties sweet spots for IHG redemptions!
Featured Image Credit: IHG
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.