Edited by: Katie Seemann
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
If you have The Platinum Card® from American Express or Centurion® Card from American Express, you can explore a new art exhibit opening in Miami, Florida sponsored by American Express in conjunction with PlayLab, Inc. and Mattel Creations. The new PLAY lab at the Miami Edition Hotel will feature iconic toys as collectibles and interactive art installations.
Here are the details of this exclusive event.
PLAY by American Express Platinum Gallery
Here’s what you need to know:
- Where: The beachfront at the Miami Beach EDITION
- When: December 7, 2023, through December 9, 2023, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Who: Centurion card and Amex Platinum cardholders
On Thursday December 7, 2023, at 4:00 p.m., there will be a cocktail reception for cardholders to meet the artists and explore the exhibition space.
Each cardholder will be allowed to bring up to 2 guests into the exhibit. Everyone will be able to interact with the artwork and “play” with oversized installations. There will also be complimentary food and drink inspired by childhood favorites.
Limited-edition toys will be available for purchase in the gallery and some items will be available for purchase online beginning on December 10, 2023.
“We know our Platinum Card Members are art lovers and collectors. They’re always at the forefront of what’s new and next so we’re excited to return to Miami during Art Week with an unforgettable experience that sparks nostalgia and creativity and gives Members an exclusive opportunity to expand their personal art collections with one-of-a-kind pieces from incredible artists.”Bess Spaeth, Senior Vice President, U.S. Premium Products and Membership Rewards at American Express
Here are the artists and their individual art pieces, as shared by American Express:
- Salehe Bembury: A Spunge vinyl toy, a three-dimensional art piece.
- Eny Lee Parker: “Benny” a one-of-a-kind classic plush toy handcrafted from a mix of high-end leftover upholstery fabrics, making them not only unique and collectible but also environmentally responsible.
- Serban Ionescu: “City of Canals,” a unique chessboard and hand-sculpted chess piece set resembling previous and future works.
- Surin Kim: A colorful toy car inscribed with “be happy and rich” in Korean, wishing good luck and wealth to others.
- Kumkum Fernando: “Tomorrow,” a toy robot crafted from wood embedded with neodymium magnets. The design employs traditional Vietnamese techniques leveraging stencils and hand-silk screened patterns.
In addition to these listed artists, there will be a number of surprise artists on hand as well.Hot Tip:
To enter, you’ll need your eligible card, so don’t forgot to bring it with you, along with a photo ID.
If you’re in the Miami area in early December, be sure to check out this new exhibit called PLAY by American Express Platinum. This fun exhibit is open to select American Express cardholders and will only be available for a few days, so don’t miss out!
The information regarding the Centurion® Card from American Express was independently collected by Upgraded Points and was not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
For rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, click here.
Featured Image Credit: Business Wire
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.