Royal Caribbean’s newest ship is going to change the game, and she’ll be ready to set sail in 2024. Icon of the Seas looks like something imagined in a build-your-own-cruise-ship video game complete with over-the-top amenities and things to do in every nook and cranny.
Here’s a closer look at Icon of the Seas, including when you can start booking sailings on this massive new ship.
Introducing Icon of the Seas
If you thought you knew everything a cruise ship could be, think again. Icon of the Seas, Royal Caribbean’s newest ship which is set to debut in January 2024, will blow your socks off.
This massive ship is filled with high-energy amenities designed to provide guests with a spectacular vacation. There are 7 pools, 8 distinct neighborhoods, and over 40 dining, drinking, and nightlife options. Additionally, Icon of the Seas has new and industry-first attractions that will wow guests of all ages:
- Category 6 Waterpark: The largest waterpark at sea including the tallest waterslide at sea, the first open freefall waterslide on a cruise ship, and the first family raft slide at sea
- Royal Bay: The largest pool at sea, containing over 40,000 gallons of water, in-pool loungers, and elevated whirlpools
- Swim & Tonic: The largest swim-up bar at sea
- Cloud 17: An adults-only area with a cantilevered whirlpool
- Absolute Zero: Royal Caribbean’s biggest ice arena
- Aqua Dome: Includes a shape-shifting waterfall
- Crown’s Edge: A skywalk obstacle course suspended over the sea
- The Hideaway: A beach club with the first suspended pool at sea
When it’s time to head back to the room to sleep, there are a mind-boggling 28 different room types available including more options for families from simple to over-the-top (think a 3-story townhouse with indoor slide).
Bottom Line: Royal Caribbean’s newest ship, Icon of the Seas will debut in January 2024. It will feature industry-leading amenities like the largest waterpark at sea and the largest pool at sea.
Cruises on Icon of the Seas
Icon of the Seas will sail 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises leaving from Miami. Each itinerary will include a stop at Royal Caribbean’s private island, Perfect Day at CocoCay, in the Bahamas. Other ports of call include Cozumel, St. Maarten, and Roatán, Honduras.
Crown & Anchor Society members will get early access to book Icon of the Sea sailings beginning Monday, October 24, 2022. Everyone else can begin to book sailings beginning on October 25, 2022.
Hot Tip: Be sure to check our guide to the best credit cards to book cruises before you make your vacation plans. And if you’d like to save some money, why not consider using points to book your cruise?
Royal Caribbean is introducing its newest ship and it’s an over-the-top spectacle. Icon of the Seas will debut in January 2024 featuring a mind-boggling number of attractions and amenities designed to provide guests with a vacation to remember.
Featured Image Credit: