We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Southwest Airlines is a popular option for travelers seeking budget deals and no assigned seating.
The Dallas-based airline announced that it would be adding service to several popular destinations, just in time for summer travel.
Here’s a breakdown of the new scheduled service!
Southwest Adding and Bolstering Service to Popular Destinations
Southwest Airlines announced that it would increase service from West Coast cities, adding or bolstering service to the following destinations beginning June 5, 2022:
- Sacramento (SMF) and Santa Barbara (SBA) — new weekday service 1 time a day each way
- San Diego (SAN) and Oakland (OAK) — weekday service up to 14 times a day each way
- San Diego (SAN) and Sacramento (SMF) — weekday service up to 20 times a day each way
- San Diego (SAN) and San Jose (SJC) — weekday service up to 20 times a day each way
- San Jose (SJC) and Las Vegas (LAS) — weekday service up to 13 times a day each way
- San Jose (SJC) and Long Beach (LGB) — weekday service up to 4 times a day each way
- San Jose (SJC) and Orange County/Santa Ana (SNA) — weekday service up to 10 times a day each way
Southwest says that it now offers more service between Silicon Valley and the Northwest than any other airline with new and increased service on the following routes:
- San Jose (SJC) and Boise (BOI) — weekday service 2 times a day each way
- San Jose (SJC) and Eugene (EUG) — new weekday service 1 time a day each way
- San Jose (SJC) and Portland (PDX) — weekday service 6 times a day each way
- San Jose (SJC) and Seattle (SEA) — weekday service 6 times a day each way
- San Jose (SJC) and Spokane (GEG) — weekday service up to 2 times a day each way
The airline is also adding a once-daily service nonstop between Maui (OGG) and Kauai (LIH) beginning June 5.
Finally, starting May 4, Southwest will triple service between Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Havana (HAV) and will also add an additional roundtrip on Saturdays beginning May 7 on the Tampa (TPA) to Havana (HAV) route.
“For a gamut of travelers seeking business opportunity, faraway fun, or family time, these new routes and additional flights put the Hospitality and value of Southwest Airlines in front of more of our Customers,” said Andrew Watterson, Southwest’s Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, in a statement.
“We recently extended our flight schedule to early November, and we’re making available new service sooner for planning early summertime journeys,” Watterson continued.
Travelers can find Southwest Airlines’ full service schedule through November 5, 2022, on Southwest.com.
Hot Tip: Read everything you need to know about flying Southwest Airlines and using Rapid Rewards points!
Southwest is clearly listening to customers who want more service on the West Coast, and the news comes just in time for the busy summer and fall travel season. Now is an excellent time if you’ve been putting off booking travel, especially if you plan to visit the PNW or Hawaii!
Featured Image Credit: Southwest
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.