Update: The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
Virgin Australia is running a new 72-hour flash sale for destinations all across Australia, with fares starting from just AUD45 (~$31) one-way.
Here’s what you need to know.
Virgin Australia Launches 72-Hour Flash Sale
The deal runs from now until 11:59 p.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time on July 20, 2022, or until all of the fares are sold.
Here are some of the terms and conditions you should be aware of before you book:
- Refunds are not permitted for Economy Lite and Choice fares if you cancel your booking.
- Refunds are permitted for Economy Flex fares on payment of a fee. You may also request a refund for other reasons, including under the Australian Consumer Law.
You can find the full set of terms and conditions and book your tickets through this special promotion page.
You’ll also need to look closely at which fare class you’re booking, as there appear to be several options.
For instance, Lite fares are the cheapest, but they come with the most restrictions, such as having to pay to pick your seat and check a bag. Choice fares include seat selection and a checked bag in the cost of the fare.
Virgin says Economy Lite fares are not recommended for travelers who require flexibility with their travel plans as cancellations are not permitted, and you may need to pay a fee plus any fare difference to make a change. For other fare types, a fee and fare difference may be payable for changing or canceling your booking.
Note that the advertised fares are in Australian Dollars (AUD). The cheapest available fares in this promotion sell for AUD45 which is equal to about $31.
Ballina Byron (BNK) to Sydney (SYD)
- Economy Lite fare from AUD45 (~$31) one-way
- Travel dates: October 10, 2022, to November 29, 2022; January 30, 2023, to March 29, 2023; May 1, 2023, to May 30, 2023
Melbourne (MEL) to Brisbane (BNE)
- Economy Lite fare from AUD109 (~$75) one-way
- Travel dates: October 10, 2022, to December 13, 2022; January 9, 2023, to March 29, 2023; May 1, 2023, to May 30, 2023
Adelaide (ADL) to Alice Springs (ASP)
- Economy Choice fare from AUD149 (~$102) one-way
- Travel dates: October 13, 2022, to December 13, 2022; January 12, 2023, to March 28, 2023; May 2, 2023, to May 30, 2023
Virgin Australia was founded in the year 2000 by billionaire Richard Branson. The airline serves 500 destinations around the world, with more than 50 new destinations being added later this year.
Hot Tip: Check out our guide to redeeming Virgin Australia Velocity Points for maximum value!
While Virgin Australia might not be on your radar since it offers limited flights to the U.S., this deal may be useful if you have travel planned to Australia in the coming months. If you see a deal you can’t resist, make sure to book right away as the sale ends once all the fares sell out!
Featured Image Credit: