Air France has a straightforward carry-on policy that could even be considered on the generous side if you’re flying in an upper class. Their checked bag policy is a bit more complex with variable pricing based on travel dates, class of travel, and route. Since these fees are not clearly listed on the website, users are directed to the Air France baggage calculator tool for specifics.
Air France / KLM Carry-On Allowance:
1 “accessory”: FREE
1-2 standard carry-on bags (depending on cabin): FREE
- Economy: 1 bag (12kg / 26lb)
- Premium Economy: 2 bags (18kg / 39.7lb)
- Business: 2 bags (18kg / 39.7lb)
- La Première: 2 bags (18kg / 39.7lb)
- Personal: 16″ x 12″ x 6″ (16” x 12” x 6”)
- Standard: 55cm x 35cm x 25cm (21.7″ x 13.8″ x 9.9″)
Lap Infant Carry-On Policy
- If you are traveling with an infant on your lap, you can bring 1 additional small baggage item.
- It must weigh less than 12 kg (26.4 lb) and measure less than 55cm x 25cm x 35cm (21.6″ x 9.8″ x 13.7″).
Air France / KLM Checked Baggage Allowance:
* all checked bags must adhere to a max weight of 23kg for Economy & Premium Economy; 32kg for Business and La Première; must adhere to max linear dimensions of 158cm
Air France has complicated baggage allowance guidelines that are best determined by utilizing their Baggage Calculator tool. Enter the departure airport, the arrival airport, the class of travel and the date to get results for baggage allowance.
Credit Cards That Reimburse You For Checked Bag Fees
Get reimbursed for some of those pesky checked bag fees with Air France by using one of the cards below.
|Loyalty Program||Credit Card||Fee Reimbursement Details|
|Chase Ultimate Rewards Program Review||Chase Sapphire Reserve℠ Card||$300 travel credit per calendar year|
|Chase Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card||$300 airline fee credit per calendar year|
|Citi ThankYou Rewards Loyalty Program||Citi Prestige Card||$250 air travel credit per calendar year|
Additional / Excess Baggage Fees:
Additional & excess baggage fees also follow complicated baggage allowance guidelines that are best determined by using the Air France Baggage Calculator tool.
Exclusions & Waivers:
As a Flying Blue member, you can use your Award Miles to check in extra baggage with a baggage award. This means that on top of the standard baggage allowance, you can take more bags and pay for them with Miles.