Interested in a travel rewards credit card without one of those pesky annual fees? Then say hello to the Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card, the no-annual-fee version of the more popular Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card.
In addition to no annual fee, the CapOne VentureOne card offers no foreign transaction fees.
But is this card worth its salt, or is it merely a shell of the more popular CapOne Venture card?
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Rental car insurance
- Ability to use transfer partners
- Access to Capital One Dining
- Weak earn rate at 1.25x miles per $1 spent on all purchases
- No luxury travel or elite benefits
CapOne VentureOne card — Snapshot
- Welcome Bonus & Info (Partner Content)
- $0 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Earn a bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $200 in travel
- Earn unlimited 1.25X miles on every purchase, every day
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- Earn 5X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of trip options
- Use your miles to get reimbursed for any travel purchase—or redeem by booking a trip through Capital One Travel
- Transfer your miles to your choice of 15+ travel loyalty programs
- Enjoy 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months; 19.24% - 29.24% variable APR after that; 3% fee on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months
- Card Categories:
- Rewards Center
- Customer Service Number
- Login Link
- Related Articles
Great Card If
- You want a travel rewards card with no annual fee
- You want a card with flexible redemption options, including transfer partners
Don't Get If
- You want a card with a stronger earning rate than 1.25x miles per $1
- You want a card with multiple bonus categories
- You want a card that features luxury travel benefits like airport lounge access or hotel elite status
- You prefer a cash-back card
CapOne VentureOne Card — Fees
- Annual Fee
- Foreign Transaction Fees
- Interest Rates
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months; variable 19.24% - 29.24% thereafter
- Late fees
- Balance Transfers
- 19.24% - 29.24% variable
- Fee: 3% fee on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months
- Cash Advance APR
- 29.24% variable
- Fee: 3% of the amount of the cash advance, but not less than $3.
CapOne VentureOne Card - Is It Worth It?
If you don’t consider yourself a frequent traveler but enjoy the occasional trip and prefer a rewards cards with no annual fee, the CapOne VentureOne card might be a good option for you.
With no foreign transaction fees, there’s no need to fear extra charges when using your card overseas.
The card also offers flexible redemption options for those who value choice when it comes to how you redeem your hard-earned miles.
CapOne VentureOne Card Top Benefits
Access to Capital One Transfer Partners
One of the best perks about the CapOne VentureOne card is that it earns Capital One miles that can be transferred to multiple great airline and hotel transfer partners to give you fantastic value.
Access to Capital One Dining
With Capital One Dining, you can access cardholder-only reservations at award-winning restaurants and tickets to curated culinary events.
Your CapOne Venture card gives you the following protections:
- Rental Car Insurance — Receive secondary coverage for collision damage and theft on domestic rentals and primary coverage for international rentals.
- Extended Warranty Coverage — When purchasing an item with your CapOne Venture card, and the manufactures warranty is 3 years or less, Capital One will double the length of the warranty.
How To Earn and Redeem Your Capital One Miles
As mentioned, you’re obviously going to earn an uncapped 1.25x miles per $1 for every purchase you make with the card, but what else can you do to earn yourself more miles? Well, our guide on the top ways to earn as many Capital One miles as possible shows you how to do just that.
Since your Capital One miles are transferable, there are many great ways to redeem Capital One miles for huge value like first and business class flights and 5-star hotel stays.
Alternative Card to the CapOne VentureOne Card
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
If you want a great travel rewards card and are willing to fork over an annual fee to get one, the Chase Sapphire Preferred card is an excellent option.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred card earns 5x points per $1 for travel purchases through the Chase travel portal, 3x points per $1 on dining, online grocery, and select streaming purchases, and 2x points per $1 spent on all other travel purchases. Plus, it features no foreign transaction fees and flexible redemption options — including transfer partners!
In fact, Chase Ultimate Rewards points are some of the most valuable loyalty currencies out there and can be redeemed for huge value. The card packs a ton of benefits for its $95 annual fee, and for many, it is worth every penny.
Check out our comparisons of the CapOne VentureOne card and a number of popular cards:
The information regarding the Capital One Platinum Credit Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
Featured Image Credit:
Frequently asked questions
Is the CapOne VentureOne card a good credit card?
With most credit cards, determining whether it is good or not depends completely on your needs. Figuring out what you’re looking for out of a credit card should be your first step.
With that said, if you’re looking for a travel rewards card with no annual fee, then this card might be a fantastic option for you.
What is the annual fee on the CapOne VentureOne card?
The card has no annual fee.
When do CapOne VentureOne card miles expire?
Miles earned with your card will never expire as long as your account remains active.
How do I book travel with Capital One miles?
You can use your Capital One miles through the Capital One Travel portal, use them as a statement credit to offset travel purchases you’ve already made, or transfer them to one of Capital One’s various airline partners.
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.