Edited by: Keri Stooksbury
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
After a months-long renovation, American Airlines has reopened its Admirals Club at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR). Modeled in a style similar to the new Admirals Club at Reagan National Airport (DCA), the lounge features a much more modern aesthetic and also offers new food and beverage selections.
This new lounge is 7,050 square feet and has a capacity for 137 patrons. You’ll find it near the A7 and A8 gates on the mezzanine level, and there are sweeping views of the airplanes and runways outside, which will be a delight to any aviation geek!
There are several cool design elements in this lounge, including:
- Metal frames inspired by bridge construction in New York
- Unique lighting and exposed lightbulbs, a tribute to Thomas Edison and his home in New Jersey
- Brick walls in the dining area, which pay tribute to Newark’s nickname of “Bridge City”
The lounge uses a lot of darker tones, wood, and metal to create a much more sophisticated space — a far cry from the current sterile lounge design that’s used in other spaces in Dallas (DFW), New York (JFK), Chicago (ORD), and other major cities.
To access the lounge, you’ll need to be an Admirals Club member, an elite passenger on an eligible itinerary, or a first/business class customer on a long-haul itinerary. Learn more in our detailed guide to Admirals Club.
Useful amenities include:
- Phone pods
- Semi-private workstations
- A business center
- Wireless charging
- Charging capabilities at 90% of seats
Food and Beverage
In addition to a new design, this lounge will feature upgraded food and beverage offerings, including:
- Breakfast: Belgian waffles; seasonal quiche tartlet
- Lunch/Dinner: Pastrami sliders; falafel served with cucumber tzatziki; quinoa, kale, and edamame salad; antipasto salad; locally-sourced meats and cheeses
- Treats: Black and white cookies; seasonal macarons
- From the Bar: Jersey Tomato Bloody Mary; Hopfish IPA
- Grab-and-Go Options: Farmer’s Pantry Cornbread Crisps; Bobo’s Strawberry Oat Bites
These new food offerings will be much more substantial than previous selections, which only included cheese cubes, vegetables, hummus, chips, and other small bites. You’ll now find a much heartier offering, though still far behind what Delta Sky Club serves.
If you’re traveling through Newark Liberty International Airport, you can now enjoy the new American Airlines Admirals Club lounge in the new design scheme. You’ll find a much more inviting space and new food and drink that will provide an elevated experience for club members.
Featured Image Credit: American Airlines
Was this page helpful?
INSIDERS ONLY: UP PULSE™
Travel is changing fast... Stay on top of all the points strategies, exclusive offers & pivotal news - and lock in huge savings along the way.
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.