We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update: The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
This summer, you can earn 1,000 bonus American Airlines AAdvantage miles when you complete eligible stays at certain World of Hyatt properties. These bonus miles are in addition to any other bonus miles you may earn through other offers and encourages World of Hyatt members to complete their stays in certain cities.
Terms of the Offer
- This offer is valid for stays between July 5, 2022, and September 5, 2022.
- You’re eligible to register from June 13, 2022, to August 31, 2022, though of course you’ll want to register sooner rather than later as only stays completed after registration counts for the offer.
- To earn the 1,000 bonus AAdvantage miles per stay, the stay needs to be a minimum of 2-nights or more and be in one of the following cities: Austin, Boston, Chicago, Honolulu, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
- The offer is valid at all Hyatt properties in those cities, but not valid at Small Luxury Hotels of the World hotels.
- You need to be on an eligible rate to earn these bonus miles, and this includes using World of Hyatt points.
- The miles will post to your AAdvantage account within about 3 to 4 weeks after your stay.
- You don’t need to rebook any stays; if you have a stay over the promotion period and it is eligible, even if it is already previously booked, it will count.
There is no restriction to the number of miles you can earn through this offer, though because it requires a 2-night minimum stay and the promotion is only open for 2 months, assuming you do 60 nights at hotels in eligible cities, the maximum amount of miles you’d be able to earn is 30,000.
It’s worth noting that because the offer is only valid for hotel stays in 10 cities, these cities tend to have some of the highest rates within the U.S., so it’s not likely to stay super cheap to be able to earn these additional miles. That said, because these are major cities, they are likely the places most people will want to go, so it could be rather easy to earn the miles if you have stays planned.
Earning American Airlines AAdvantage Miles
Remember, once you link your World of Hyatt American AAdvantage accounts, you’ll earn 1 American Airlines mile for every World of Hyatt base point you earn. So you could already be earning American AAdvantage miles through a mutual partnership that’s been in existence for several years, but this offer adds an additional 1,000 miles earned for every 2-night stay in the eligible cities, no matter the rate.
Hot Tip: You can also get $60 back after spending $300+ at Hyatt Regency with a new Amex Offer — check your accounts to see if you were targeted!
If you’re a Hyatt loyalist and American Airlines fan, you’ll certainly be appreciative of this offer to earn additional miles. Though the offer is limited and is only for certain cities, if you have stays booked or are looking to stay in one of the eligible cities, you’ll be able to pick up some additional American AAdvantage miles quite easily.
Featured Image Credit: Hyatt
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.