American Express is out with a new Amex Offer, and this time, if you spend $1,000 or more on Air Canada, you’ll be able to get $150 back … a decent offer for those that have trips to Canada planned, or perhaps an international long-haul trip.
With this offer, you need to spend $1,000 or more on flights on Air Canada to receive $150 back as a statement credit.
If you have been targeted for this Amex Offer on your card, make sure to apply the offer to your account by clicking Add to Card before your purchase.
There are several restrictions and terms you should be aware of:
- You can spend the $1,000 or more in 1 or more transactions, so it doesn’t necessarily need to be on 1 trip or 1 flight. This offer might be useful for those that have multiple trips to Canada planned, or perhaps 1 larger trip where you transit Canada en route to a far-away destination, where the cost of the ticket will likely be north of $1,000.
- This offer is only valid on Air Canada flights and isn’t valid on other carriers. Even if you can book carriers like United or SWISS on Air Canada’s website, these won’t trigger the offer, so you’ll want to ensure that only Air Canada flights are in your itinerary.
- This offer is only valid on Air Canada’s U.S. sales channels, so be sure you’re only purchasing via Air Canada’s U.S. website, mobile app, or U.S. phone number.
- You cannot purchase any gift cards or vacation packages with this offer. Essentially, it’s good on traditional flights only.
- Your flights need to originate within the U.S. This likely won’t be a problem since this offer is targeted to U.S.-based cards, but be sure you’re booking a trip that doesn’t originate anywhere else.
- Ensure the charges for your flight are in USD and not CAD. This can easily be toggled and displayed on Air Canada’s website.
- The offer expires on August 28, 2022. Traditionally, purchases done with Amex Offers need to post by the end date, so you’ll want to purchase your flights several days beforehand to give the charge enough time to post.
Hot Tip: Air Canada has announced 4 new routes to Canada, just in time for summer — check out our article for a closer look!
Maximizing this offer can save you 15% off of your airfare if you purchase $1,000 worth of flights on Air Canada, which is a great deal.
Be sure to look at Air Canada as an option for long-haul travel as it flies to many international cities and you can easily connect in Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), or Vancouver (YVR) en route to your final destination and save some big bucks along the way.
Featured Image Credit:
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.