Edited by: Nick Ellis
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
American Express has recently released a new Amex Offer that offers the opportunity to earn $200 back when you spend $1,000+ with Air France or KLM. This is one of the best Amex Offers that’s been released in recent months and includes an opportunity to score significant savings.
Let’s dive into the details!
Now through July 30, 2023, when you spend $1,000 or more with Air France (U.S.) or KLM (U.S.), you’ll receive $200 back as a statement credit. If you’re eligible for the offer, make sure to click Add to Card to apply the offer to your card.
Some details about the offer include:
- The purchase needs to post by July 30, 2023, so if you’re making a transaction, we suggest purchasing well ahead of this date to allow it to post.
- When you purchase your ticket, you’ll need to purchase it on the U.S.-versions of the Air France or KLM websites. Unfortunately, purchasing it in either the European versions or any other worldwide website will not work to trigger this offer.
- The purchase of gift cards is ineligible for the offer — generally, the best use is going to be on purchasing an actual airline ticket.
- Your flights must be specifically operated by KLM or Air France, so you won’t be able to utilize this offer to fly Delta, for example.
If you spend exactly $1,000, you’ll receive $200 back (not including the value of points you’d earn on the travel itself). When spending $1,000, this would be a 20% return — an incredible return for an airline ticket.
Some great uses could be:
- Fares for economy class tickets to Europe can be well north of $1,000, so this can help you save on economy tickets, especially in the popular summer season.
- If you’re booking far in advance, premium economy fares tend to hover around $1,000 to $1,500 round-trip, so the savings would allow you to sit in premium economy for a price closer to that of a normal coach ticket.
- If you want to splurge and sit in business class you can do so, and this rebate will help soften the blow to your wallet.
- Purchase a more expensive ticket that may be less restrictive or even refundable.
- Bundle additional add-ons to your ticket, such as seat assignment fees or baggage charges.
For those planning to book on Air France or KLM, this is a fantastic Amex Offer. Especially considering the environment of increasing airfare costs, being able to earn $200 back can deliver a considerable return on future travel.
Featured Image Credit: Air France
Was this page helpful?
INSIDERS ONLY: UP PULSE™
Travel is changing fast... Stay on top of all the points strategies, exclusive offers & pivotal news - and lock in huge savings along the way.
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.