Updated: The offer below has expired and is no longer available.
Amtrak is offering its latest sale, introducing a buy one get one sale for routes across the country for the next few months. You’ll need to book these fares by February 16, 2022, so it’s a perfect excuse to take your valentine (or another traveling companion) on a free trip.
When you purchase 1 ticket, you’ll receive a companion ticket on the same train for free. You’ll need to book your trip before February 16, 2022, and your travel dates must be after March 1, but before August 31, 2022.
To participate in the sale, book online or enter code V214 when booking via the Amtrak app.
If you’re planning on traveling with another person, the fares in this sale can’t be beaten since you’ll be able to take another person along with you at no extra charge.
You can travel for 2 people between these city pairs, as an example:
- Boston to New York for $29 in coach, $69 in business class
- Los Angeles to Seattle for $101
- New York to Chicago for $90
- New York to Philadelphia for $18 in coach, $51 in business class
- Philadelphia to Washington DC for $18 in coach, $57 in business class
You’ll get the most benefit on this sale for trains within the Northeast, but you can certainly get a lot of value on West Coast and long-distance trains as well.
Hot Tip: Check out our ultimate guide to Amtrak routes, including regional and long-distance trains.
The Fine Print
- There are no blackout dates to this offer, so even peak periods like long weekends or Spring Break are eligible.
- The offer is valid for all trains except the Auto Train, Pennsylvanian, and Keystone Services.
- The discount is valid for the lowest class of service on each train, which is coach class on most trains and business class on the Acela. Unfortunately, you are not allowed to upgrade to a premium class using these discounts, nor are you allowed to pay to be in a sleeping car on long-distance routes. You’ll especially want to keep this in mind on overnight trains, especially those that cover multiple nights. While saving a few bucks on your ticket can certainly be worth it, forgoing a comfortable sleeping accommodation may not be.
- Your ticket fares are non-refundable, so you’ll want to ensure you are able to travel on the train you wish to book.
- Change fees are waived for reservations made by April 30, 2022.
Amtrak’s sales are usually very lucrative, and although the sale here is only valid for 2 people, you are able to save a significant amount of money. If you’ve been wanting to travel by train, there really is no better excuse when a free ticket is involved.
Featured Image Credit:
How to Beat the Crowds & Lock In Affordable Travel While You Still Can...
With lockdowns ending, the demand for travel is surging to record levels - and so are prices.
We’ll show you the strategies and tools to unlock huge savings, but that window is closing fast - so you
need to get on this right now.
Download our last-chance playbook here:
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.