Edited by: Keri Stooksbury
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Low-cost Breeze Airways is launching service between Springfield, Illinois (SPI) to Orlando (MCO) and Tampa (TPA), starting December 1 and 4, 2023, respectively.
Here’s what you need to know about these new routes.
Promo Fares Starting at $49 Each Way
Breezes’s flights between Springfield and Orlando will operate on Mondays and Fridays and then switch to Wednesdays and Saturdays on January 10, 2024. The route to Tampa will be served on Mondays and Fridays.
Both of these new routes will be flown on Breeze’s Airbus A220-300 aircraft. Breeze offers 3 seating options, including the recliner Breeze Ascent seat, arranged in a 2-2 configuration. This seat features 39 inches of seat pitch and 20.5 inches of width.
This marks Breeze’s debut in the state of Illinois. Springfield, the state capital, is a 90-minute drive from St. Louis and 3 hours from Chicago.
“Breeze is all about adding service to underserved markets and city pairs, and we can’t wait to give the community of Springfield some new destinations with Breeze’s added convenience, affordability, and flexibility,” said Tom Doxey, Breeze Airways’ President.
Best Ways To Book
These flights are now on sale on Breeze’s website, so you should have no trouble booking directly through the airline. Breeze is offering promo fares on both routes starting at $49 one-way. You must book by September 25, 2023, and travel by April 30, 2024.
Note that Breeze is a budget airline with á la carte pricing, which means the lowest-priced tickets have the most restrictions on ancillary perks like seat selection and baggage.
Once you’ve decided on your dates, make sure to book with a card that rewards you for travel purchases. The cards below all offer substantial welcome bonuses and elevated earnings on flights:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel (capped at $500,000 spent in purchases per calendar year, then 1x points)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked through Amex Travel
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 3x points on all other travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 2x points on all other travel purchases
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: 5x Capital One miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel; 2x miles on all other purchases (including travel)
Breeze is continuing to grow its route map with 2 exciting routes from Springfield, Illinois. With tickets starting at just $49 one-way, escaping to sunny Florida from increasingly gray Illinois is easier than ever!
Featured Image Credit: Noah Densmore via Adobe Stock
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.