Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
Throughout the year, Chase will offer transfer bonuses towards of points toward airline or hotel programs. In its latest promotion, Chase is offering a 50% bonus when you convert Chase Ultimate Rewards points to IHG One Rewards points. We’ll review the specifics and see if it’s a good deal for you.
Get a 50% Bonus IHG One Rewards Points
Chase is offering 50% bonus IHG One Rewards points when you transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points:
- You’ll have until August 15, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. EST to complete this offer. Obviously, if you wish to transfer points, you should do so ahead of this date to avoid any technical issues that may arise.
- When you transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to IHG One Rewards, you can then use those points towards free hotel stays and more, however, those points do not count toward the accumulation of elite status or any other similar offer.
- As an example, transferring 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points to IHG One Rewards will result in a total of 1,500 IHG One points.
Is This Offer Worth It?
In general, no. Unless you have a very specific redemption in mind or need more points to pay for a stay, it’s likely not worth the transfer bonus for several reasons:
- IHG stays are some of the most expensive points-wise across all hotel loyalty programs, and it’s not uncommon to see a stay cost well north of 75,000 points. You’re far better off transferring your Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Hyatt where the top-tier hotel costs 40,000 points a night. As a reminder, Chase Ultimate Rewards transfers to both IHG One Rewards and World of Hyatt at a 1:1 ratio, so the transfers are the same. Even with a bonus, you’re still not getting a ton of additional value.
- Transferring your points into IHG One Rewards means they’ll be stuck in that program. If you can avoid transferring your points, you can keep them with Chase where you can have flexibility to transfer them to whichever partner you need whenever you need.
That said, there might be reasons to participate in this offer:
- If you have an upcoming stay in mind and need additional points to book it, transferring points here can top-up enough points in your account to complete your reservation.
- If you have many Chase Ultimate Rewards points to spare, you may want to consider taking advantage of the timing of the bonus.
- There are some IHG properties that are an incredible value on points, even though many properties tend to be overly inflated. If you can find value in a stay like this, it’s worth it to transfer over the points to book it.
Hot Tip: Learn all about Chase Ultimate Rewards’ transfer partners and how to use them in our detailed guide!
This may be a great time to get additional IHG One Rewards points, thanks to this transfer bonus from Chase Ultimate Rewards. Topping up your account can be very beneficial to book a larger award, or even some smaller hotels at great rates. If you have Chase Ultimate Rewards points, consider what value you can get by transferring those points to IHG One Rewards.
Featured Image Credit:
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.