We’ve known for a few months that Chase and IHG have been planning to launch a new co-branded IHG credit card. Now, that card is finally here: the IHG® Rewards Premier Business Card.
Here’s everything you need to know about the new card, including the welcome offer, earning rates, benefits, and eligibility.
IHG Premier Business Card Welcome Offer
This new card — which we originally reported on in January — is offering a welcome offer of 140,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
At Upgraded Points, we value IHG One Rewards points at 0.5 cents apiece, making this bonus worth $700.
Hot Tip: If you need some inspiration for redeeming the points you’ll earn through the welcome bonus, read through our guide on the best ways to redeem IHG points for maximum value.
IHG Premier Business Card Rewards Rates and Eligibility
You’ll earn points with this new card according to the following structure:
- Up to 26x points per $1 spent at IHG hotels and resorts
- 5x points per $1 spent on travel, gas stations, select advertising, and restaurant
- 3x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
Based on our valuations, this is effectively 13% back on IHG stays; 2.5% back on travel, gas stations, select advertising, and restaurant; and 1.5% back on all other purchases.
Further, you should be eligible for the IHG Premier Business card so long as you operate any sort of small business — and you’re under the Chase 5/24 rule.
IHG Premier Business Card Benefits
With the new IHG Premier Business card, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Automatic IHG Platinum Elite status, plus the ability to spend your way to Diamond status after spending $40,000 on the card in a calendar year
- Anniversary Free Night certificate each year, plus an additional Free Reward Night after you spend $60,000 on purchases on the card in a calendar year
- Fourth night free on award stays
- Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, or NEXUS statement credit
- Up to $50 United TravelBank Cash each year
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $100 statement credit and 10,000 bonus points each calendar year during which you spend at least $20,000 on the card
- 20% discount on IHG point purchases
- Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty Protection
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
While the card does charge a $99 annual fee, benefits like an annual free night certificate, automatic Platinum Elite status, and $50 in United TravelBank Cash each year should make the card well worth it for those who stay in IHG hotels at least a few times each year.
As far as new card launches go, this is a pretty solid one. If you’re a business owner who frequents IHG hotels, there is quite a bit of value to be had here by adding this new card to your wallet. Plus, if you’re short on IHG points, this new card presents a great way to quickly replenish your balance.
Featured Image Credit: