Update: The offers mentioned below have expired and are no longer available.
The IHG® Rewards Traveler Credit Card recently got a makeover, with updates to some of its benefits plus a brand-new welcome bonus that happens to be the highest the card has ever offered!
Here’s everything you need to know.
IHG Traveler Card Welcome Bonus
The IHG Traveler card is now offering a welcome bonus of 120,000 bonus IHG One Rewards points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening — its highest welcome bonus ever!
We value IHG points at 0.5 cents each, making this welcome bonus worth $600 — pretty great for a card with no annual fee.
Hot Tip: If you need some inspiration for redeeming the points you’ll earn through this welcome bonus, read through our guide on the best ways to redeem IHG One Rewards points for maximum value.
IHG Traveler Card Earning Rates
Earning rates with the IHG Traveler card have been refreshed to help new (and current) cardholders earn more points for every dollar they spend.
With the card, you’ll earn points according to the following structure:
- 5x points per $1 spent at IHG hotels, for a total of 17x points per $1 spent thanks to the 12x you’ll earn for being an IHG Silver Elite member
- 3x points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations and dining (up from 2x)
- 3x points per $1 spent on utilities, internet, cable, phone, and select streaming services purchases (up from 1x)
- 2x points per $1 spent on all other purchases (up from 1x)
These are certainly welcome additions, as now you’ll be able to earn 50% to 100% more points on every purchase you make depending on what bonus category it falls into.
IHG Traveler Card Benefits
As we mentioned earlier, this card doesn’t have an annual fee, so it’s not exactly loaded with benefits. However, it does offer some to provide additional value to cardholders:
- Automatic Silver Elite status (IHG’s new entry-level tier), plus the ability to spend your way to Gold Elite status after spending $20,000 on the card in a calendar year
- Earn 10,000 bonus points after spending $10,000 and making 1 additional purchase each calendar year
- Fourth night free on award stays
- 20% discount on IHG Rewards point purchases
- Purchase protection
If you’re a frequent traveler that often stays in IHG hotels, then you’d likely be better off opting for the IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card or IHG® Rewards Premier Business Credit Card, both of which offer more benefits and better earning rates.
On the other hand, if you’re simply looking for a way to earn more IHG One Rewards points on all of your purchases — without needing to pay an annual fee — then the IHG Traveler card would be a perfect option for you, especially with its new 120,000-point bonus!
Featured Image Credit: