Edited by: Juan Ruiz
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
Are you in Toronto (or can you get there by car or flight)? If so, there’s a fantastic business class deal to Portugal — and it’s just $1,300 round-trip!
Here’s what you need to know.
Fare Deal — The Details
This deal is on TAP Air Portugal from Toronto (YYZ) to Lisbon (LIS) and Porto (OPO) in Portugal. The flight to Lisbon is nonstop each way, while the flight to Porto includes a stopover in Lisbon.
Tap Air Portugal flies its Airbus A321neo and A330neo business-class products between North America and Portugal. The airline’s business class includes a fully lie-flat seat, lounge access, and more.
The favorable conversion rate between Canadian Dollars and the U.S. Dollar makes this deal particularly special. You can play around with some dates on Google Flights and then book directly through the airline or an online travel agency (OTA) such as Expedia or Priceline.
- Class: Business Class
- Route: Toronto (YYZ) to Lisbon (LIS) and Porto (OPO)
- Dates: Select dates between December 2023 and April 2024
- Rates: As low as $1,307
Take a look at our full guide to the TAP Air Portugal Miles&Go loyalty program!
How To Book
There’s pretty good availability through the spring of next year, though other dates may be available.
Once you’ve selected travel dates, you’ll want to consider which credit card you will use. Make sure to book your ticket with a credit card that rewards for flights or general travel purchases. Some of our favorites are:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel (capped at $500,000 spent in purchases per calendar year, then 1x points)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked through Amex Travel
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 3x points on all other travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 2x points on all other travel purchases
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: 5x Capital One miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel; 2x miles on all other purchases (including travel)
This fantastic flight deal is even sweeter due to a favorite conversion rate for U.S. travelers. It’s rare that we see transatlantic flight deals in business class for under $2,000, much less under $1,500. If you can spare catching a quick flight to Toronto, it’s definitely worth it to save on the long-haul flight!
Featured Image Credit: André Lergier via Unsplash
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.