Edited by: Nick Ellis
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
The Maldives is one of the most exclusive destinations in the world, so staying there — and getting there — is an often expensive feat.
However, there’s a fantastic premium economy deal from several U.S. cities to the capital, Male (MLE), for under $2,000 round-trip. Let’s take a look!
Fare Deal — The Details
This deal is on Singapore Airlines between several gateways served by the airline, such as New York (JFK), Newark (EWR), San Francisco (SFO), to Male (MLE) in the Maldives.
Play around with a few dates on Google Flights and then book directly through Singapore or an online travel agency (OTA). You may find cheaper rates using lesser-known OTAs, but you’ll want to book with a more reputable option if your plans change.
- Class: Premium Economy
- Routes: New York (JFK), Newark (EWR), San Francisco (SFO) to Male (MLE)
- Dates: January through May 2024
- Rates: As low as $1,804 round-trip
Check out our guide on the best ways to stay in the Maldives on points!
Best Ways To Book
There’s wide-open availability between January and May next year, so you should have no trouble finding dates that work for you.
Make sure you pay with a card that rewards you for travel purchases. Here are a few of our favorites, all of which offer substantial welcome bonuses and elevated earnings on flights:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with the airline or through AmexTravel.com (capped at $500,000 spent in purchases per calendar year, then 1x points)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked through AmexTravel.com
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 3x points on all other travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 2x points on all other travel purchases
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: 5x Capital One miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel; 2x miles on all other purchases (including travel)
This is a fantastic cash deal on one of the world’s best airlines to one of the world’s best destinations. Singapore premium economy is an excellent way to fly, as you’ll get more legroom and amenities than on a regular economy flight with another airline. If you’ve been trying to visit the Maldives, jump on this deal before it’s gone!
The information regarding the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
Featured Image Credit: Asad Photo Maldives via Pexels
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.