Edited by: Nick Ellis
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
The Maldives is one of the most sought-after travel destinations in the world, so getting there — and staying — isn’t cheap. However, we found a great deal in premium economy for less than $2,000 round-trip.
Let’s dive into this fantastic deal and how to book before it’s gone!
Fare Deal — The Details
This deal is for flights in Singapore Airlines’ premium economy from Newark (EWR) and New York (JFK) to the Maldives (MLE). Note that the JFK/EWR to Singapore (SIN) leg is the world’s longest flight at a whopping 18 hours and 50 minutes (EWR is just 5 minutes shorter).
Play around with a few dates on Google Flights and book directly through Singapore, Google Flights, or an online travel agency (OTA) like Expedia. You’ll find cheaper rates using lesser-known OTAs, but if you want peace of mind, you should stick with a more reputable option.
- Class: Premium Economy
- Routes: New York (JFK)/Newark (EWR) to Male (MLE)
- Dates: January – May 2024
- Rates: As low as $1,805 round-trip
Check out our guide on the best ways to stay in the Maldives on points!
Best Ways To Book
There’s pretty solid availability through the winter and spring of 2024, so you should have no trouble finding dates that work best for you.
Either way, you’ll want to book with a card that rewards you for travel purchases. The cards below all offer big welcome bonuses and elevated earnings on flights:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel (capped at $500,000 spent in purchases per calendar year, then 1x points)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked through Amex Travel
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 3x points on all other travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 2x points on all other travel purchases
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: 5x Capital One miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel; 2x miles on all other purchases (including travel)
This is an excellent deal for the Maldives, a long and often expensive route from the U.S. Even though the flight is nearly 19 hours long, Singapore’s premium economy is an excellent way to fly to Male. If you’re interested, make sure to book soon before it’s gone!
The information regarding the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
Featured Image Credit: Asad Photo Maldives via Pexels
Was this page helpful?
INSIDERS ONLY: UP PULSE™
Travel is changing fast... Stay on top of all the points strategies, exclusive offers & pivotal news - and lock in huge savings along the way.
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.