Edited by: Keri Stooksbury
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
Hyatt has announced a new promotion for summer travel in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific. We love any opportunity to earn bonus points, so this is welcome news.
Here are the details of Hyatt’s new summer promotion.
2x Points in Europe, Africa, the Middle East & Asia Pacific
From July 1, 2023, through September 15, 2023, you can earn double points on Hyatt stays in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific.
There are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind:
- Registration is required. You’ll need to register by July 31, 2023, to be eligible to earn bonus points.
- You’ll earn double points beginning with your second eligible stay. This is a rule that we’ve seen on other Hyatt promotions that can be a bit confusing. After registration, you’ll earn the regular amount of points on your first stay from July 1, 2023, through September 15, 2023. On your next stay (plus on any subsequent stays) during the bonus period, you’ll earn double points.
- Stays with checkout dates during the promotion period will count. That means a stay checking out on July 1, 2023, will count toward the promotion. However, if you have a stay that starts on September 15, 2023, or earlier and checks out on September 16, 2023, or later, it won’t count.
- Any stay where you’re paying an eligible rate, including free night awards, will count.
- You can earn a maximum of 25,000 points with this promotion.
- Only base points are doubled. If you have Hyatt elite status, the extra points you earn based on your status are bonus points, and therefore won’t be doubled.
- This promotion applies to hotels in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific that participate in the World of Hyatt program at the time of the stay, including Small Luxury Hotels of the World and Lindblad Expeditions.
If paying a cash rate, use a credit card that maximizes rewards earned on Hyatt stays, such as The World of Hyatt Credit Card which earns up to 9x points on Hyatt stays and comes with World of Hyatt Discoverist status. Chase Ultimate Rewards-earning cards can also transfer to Hyatt, so consider a card such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve® that earns 3x points on travel.
Any opportunities for bonus points are a great thing. If you happen to have a stay coming up in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific between July 1, 2023, and September 15, 2023, then this promo will be great news. The caveat, unfortunately, is that you’ll only earn bonus points starting with your second stay during the promotional period.
Even if you don’t have travel planned during the promotion, it’s always a good idea to register just in case your plans change.
The information regarding The World of Hyatt Credit Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
Featured Image Credit: Katie Seemann
Was this page helpful?
INSIDERS ONLY: UP PULSE™
Travel is changing fast... Stay on top of all the points strategies, exclusive offers & pivotal news - and lock in huge savings along the way.
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.