Edited by: Juan Ruiz
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
The new Canadian airline Lynx Air is bolstering its U.S. service with an exciting route between Montreal (YUL) and Los Angeles (LAX).
Here’s what to know about the route and how to book it!
New Daily Service Starts in August
Lynx Air will begin 3x nonstop weekly flights (Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday) between Montreal and Los Angeles starting July 11, 2024. The airline will then begin daily service on August 11, 2024.
“This new route will be welcome news for travelers to California and for American visitors eager to explore the province of Québec and elsewhere in Canada,” said Vijay Bathija, Chief Commercial Officer of Lynx Air. “By this summer, Lynx will serve four destinations from Montréal, flying more than 11,700 seats to or from Montréal each week.”
Lynx is a rebrand of the Canadian charter airline Enerjet, and launched in January 2023. The low-cost airline operates a fleet of Boeing 737 aircraft. Just a few weeks ago, the airline announced it would begin service from Canada to Boston (BOS) and San Francisco (SFO).
Other U.S. airports served by Lynx include Orlando (MCO), Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Fort Myers (RSW), and Tampa Bay (TPA).
How to Book
The new routes are available and can be booked directly at FlyLynx.com.
Tickets between Montreal and Los Angeles start at just $149. The airline is also running a limited-time promo to celebrate the launch, offering up to 25% off across its entire network through 11:59 p.m. on January 24. Make sure to use the promo code FLYLYNX when booking.
After you’ve decided on flights and travel dates, you’ll want to book with a credit card that rewards for airfare or travel purchases. Here is a list of our favorites:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel (capped at $500,000 spent in purchases per calendar year, then 1x points)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked through Amex Travel
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 3x points on all other travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 2x points on all other travel purchases
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: 5x Capital One miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel; 2x miles on all other purchases (including travel)
Lynx Air is on a roll with new flights from Canada to the U.S. This new route to Los Angeles is extremely exciting as it offers a low-cost option between the 2 popular cities. If you’re interested in booking this route, make sure to use the promo code for 25% off your flight before the deal is gone!
Featured Image Credit: Lynx Air
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.