Edited by: Stella Shon
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
There’s a great deal from the East Coast to Spain. Even better, it’s in premium economy.
Let’s take a look at this deal before it’s gone!
Fare Deal — Details
This deal is on Iberia’s premium economy from New York (JFK) to Seville (SVQ).
The deal is a mixed-cabin itinerary, but the long-haul flight between New York and Madrid (MAD) is in premium economy on Iberia’s Airbus A350. Seats in premium economy are arranged in a 2-4-2 configuration.
Search for your flights on Google Flights, confirm your travel dates, and then book directly through Iberia or an online travel agency (OTA) like Expedia. Note that the cheapest premium economy option is non-refundable, so ensure you’re sure about your travel dates.
- Class: Premium economy/economy
- Routes: New York (JFK) to Seville (SVQ)
- Dates: November 2023 through March 2024
- Rates: As low as $1,233 round-trip
When flying premium economy on Iberia, you’ll get priority boarding (in group 2), plus a carry-on and checked bag!
How to Book
There’s fantastic availability for this route. If you want to travel as soon as November, there’s availability during the U.S. holiday of Thanksgiving. Generally, you’ll find solid availability through early March 2024.
Once you’ve settled on travel dates, you’ll want to make sure to use a credit card that rewards you for purchases on Iberia, flights, or general travel. If you plan to fly Iberia often, you may want to consider the Iberia Visa Signature® Card. Otherwise, here are our favorite travel rewards cards at Upgraded Points:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel (capped at $500,000 spent in purchases per calendar year, then 1x points)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked through Amex Travel
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 3x points on all other travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 2x points on all other travel purchases
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: 5x Capital One miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel; 2x miles on all other purchases (including travel)
This is a pretty good deal, especially if you’re looking for a premium way to travel across the pond at an affordable price. Like many flight deals, this one won’t last forever, so make sure to book now before it’s gone!
Featured Image Credit: Iberia
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.