Southwest Airlines is offering a limited-time sale for domestic and international flights across its network. The sale runs through October 3, 2022, and you can travel through February 15, 2023, making this a great sale for those who want to escape the chilly weather.
Let’s run through everything you need to know!
Southwest Flash Sale
To book, you’ll simply need to head over to Southwest’s website. The discount is valid for select flights between the continental U.S. and destinations in Florida, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and international flights.
Here are some additional details to be aware of:
- Flights must be nonstop.
- Fares are valid on nonstop service where indicated; if not indicated, fares are valid on single connecting service.
- Continental U.S. travel is valid Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Travel continental U.S. to/from Hawaii is valid Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Interisland Hawaii travel is valid Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Travel to/from San Juan (SJU) is valid only on Monday through Thursday. International travel is valid Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- You need to before October 3, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. CST. Any flights booked after this time will not be eligible for the discount, so make sure you act quickly.
- You can travel between October 4, 2022, and February 15, 2023.
- The discount is only valid for new reservations. If you have a flight already booked you may want to re-check the fare to see if it makes sense to cancel and then book again using the discount. Southwest allows free cancellations of tickets, and funds are immediately put back into your online Southwest wallet after cancellation.
- While Southwest normally is very flexible with ticket changes, if you make a change after the sale ends, you’ll lose out on the discount.
- To take advantage of the fare sale, you need to visit southwest.com; you won’t be able to book via a third party.
- The following dates are blackout dates: November 17-29, 2022, and December 16, 2022, to January 2, 2023.
By using one of Southwest’s co-branded credit cards, you could earn up to 3x points per $1 spent on your Southwest purchases.
We found a sample flight between Los Angeles (LAX) and Honolulu (HNL) for $129 one-way, which is extraordinarily cheap for this route.
Not all flights are on sale, though, so you’ll want to sift through the calendar to see which ones are discounted.
Hot Tip: Wondering about Southwest’s elite status? Check out our handy guide, which includes information about the highly coveted Companion Pass!
Southwest has been on a roll lately with its sales, including this one that offers discounted fares through the winter. If you have upcoming travel, it’s worth taking a look at Southwest’s website — and low-fare calendar — to see if your dates are on sale.
Featured Image Credit:
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.