RyanAir does things a bit differently with their baggage policy. As you’ll see below, Economy passengers pay for each piece of luggage, while Business members are allowed one free bag.
It’s also important to note fees increase when buying via the call center or at the airport so be sure to purchase online prior to your travel date.
RyanAir Carry-On Allowance:
1 personal item: FREE
1 standard carry-on bag: FREE
- Personal: 35 x 20 x 20cm
- Standard: 55 x 40 x 20cm (up to 10kg)
Lap Infant Carry-On Policy
- A baby bag up to 5kg may be carried by the accompanying adult in addition to their own cabin bag allowance when an infant (aged 8 days to 23 months) is traveling on an adult’s lap.
Stroller Check Policy
- With RyanAir you can carry 2 items of baby equipment free of charge per child (1 pushchair plus one of the following items: car seat, booster seat, or travel-cot). Strollers/pushchairs can be used up to the aircraft steps and after landing, will be available at the aircraft steps.
RyanAir Checked Baggage Allowance:
All checked bags must adhere to a max weight of 20kg; must adhere to max linear dimensions of 158cm.
Online Price (up to 20kg): €25/£25
Post Booking/Airport up to 20KG): €40/£40
Passengers may check up to three pieces of baggage.
Bags purchased via a call centre or at the airport will incur a €10 supplement per bag, per flight sector.
There is a €10 supplement on price during peak travel periods.
With RyanAir Business Plus Fare, passengers are allotted 1 FREE 20kg checked bag in the base fare price.
Additional / Excess Baggage Fees:
- You will be charged for excess baggage at the rate prevailing on the day of travel
- Currently: €11 / £11 per Kilo *can only purchase at airport kiosk
- For baggage fees related to special luggage (sporting equipment, musical instruments, etc.) please refer to RyanAir’s policy here.
Credit Cards That Reimburse You For Checked Bag Fees
RyanAir is a rapidly growing airline out of Ireland so if you visit Europe, there’s a decent chance you’ll fly with them. If you use one of the cards below you can get reimbursed for at least some of your checked bag fees.
|Credit Card||Fee Reimbursement Details|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve®||$300 travel credit per calendar year (covers all travel related purchases). Annual Fee: $450|
|Citi® Prestige Card||$250 air travel credit per calendar year (covers all travel related purchases). Annual Fee: $450|