easyJet is another airline whose baggage fees are dependent upon which point in time you buy your allowance. This means you’ll save money if you purchase your bags online simultaneously with your ticket.
easyJet Carry-On Allowance
1 under seat cabin bag: FREE
1 standard carry-on bag: FREE only for easyJet Plus cardholders, FLEXI fare, Up Front or Extra Legroom customers
- Under Seat Cabin Bag: 17.7 x 14.2 x 7.9 inches (45 x 36 x 20 cm)
- Standard: 22 x 17.7 x 9.8 inches (56 x 45 x 25 cm)
Lap Infant Carry-On Policy
- If you’re traveling with an infant (under 2) on your lap, you can bring one additional under seat bag.
Stroller Check Policy
- A stroller and 1 other item such as a car seat can be checked at gate free of charge and will be available at the baggage reclaim at your destination.
easyJet Checked Baggage Allowance
There are a couple of weight options for checked baggage but all pieces must not exceed max linear dimensions of 108 inches (275 cm) per piece.
Checked Baggage up to 15 kg: £6.99 – £34.99 per bag
Checked Baggage 15 kg – 23 kg: £9.49 – £37.49 per bag
At the Airport – Bag Drop Counter:
Checked Baggage up to 23 kg: £40 per bag
At the Airport – At the Gate:
Checked Baggage up to 23 kg: £50 per bag
EasyJet Hands Free Service
Passengers can pay £7 to drop their carry-on off at the bag drop desk, where it will be tagged as a priority bag to arrive first on the baggage carousel. Passengers can remove a small item (17.7 x 14.2 x 7.9 inches / 45 x 36 x 20 cm) to take on board with them. This option also includes a free tote bag from EasyJet’s partner, Three.
Hands free is also available as a family bundle (£16) for up to 6 passenger’s cabin bags on the same booking.
Additional / Excess Baggage Fees
- Each customer including children and infants can buy up to three hold bags. You can buy extra weight at £12 per 3 kg units, up to a maximum of 32 kg per bag (units only sold in 3 kg increments).
- If a 15kg hold bag has been purchased, then extra weight can be up to 59.5 pounds (27 kg).
- Extra weight may be purchased at any time before arriving at the airport. If your hold luggage weighs more than your allowance when you arrive at the airport there will be a charge of £12 fee for each 1 kg of excess weight, per item, per flight.
- If you’re traveling with family or friends on the same flight and booking, you can pool your total weight allowance.
For baggage fees related to special luggage (sporting equipment, musical instruments, etc.) please refer to easyJet’s policy here.
Can I Pre-pay for Baggage?
easyJet does allow passengers the ability to pre-pay for luggage online or via the mobile app.
Here are the ways to pre-pay:
- Log in to the ‘Manage Bookings’ area of the easyJet website and choose the ‘Add hold luggage’ option.
- Download and log in to the ‘Manage Bookings’ area of the easyJet mobile app and choose the ‘Add hold luggage’ option.
Credit Cards That Reimburse You For Checked Bag Fees
easyJet is a popular way to hop around Europe, but checked bag fees can pile up. If you need a card to reimburse some of those fees, check out the cards below.
|Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card - This no annual fee card comes with a 20,000 bonus mile offer after spending $500 in the first 3 months. When you use your card for travel purchases (e.g. baggage fees), use your miles to pay off all, or part of, your statement balance! We've highlighted 30+ benefits of the card.|
|Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card - The "big brother" card to the VentureOne with a 60,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months. This card is full of benefits and perks and you can redeem your miles on travel (flights, hotels, even paying for baggage fees etc) or transfer your miles to over 15+ travel loyalty programs.|
To see more airline baggage fees and policies, click here.
Featured Image Credit:
Shutterstock and EasyJet
Frequently asked questions
Can you add baggage to easyJet flight after booking?
You can add baggage to your easyJet booking online pre-departure, at the airport bag drop counter or at the gate. Online, the cost is from £6.99 – £34.99 for a 15kg bag and £9.49 – £37.49 for a 15 kg – 23 kg bag (depending on route). At the bag drop counter the cost is £40 and at the gate £50. All prices are per bag, per way.
Can you take a handbag as well as hand luggage on easyJet?
All other passengers are allowed to bring 1 piece of under-seat cabin baggage measuring no more than 45 x 36 x 20 cm.
Only easyJet Plus cardholders and passengers on a FLEXI fare, Up Front, or Extra Legroom tickets can bring an additional carry-on bag for the overhead locker (max size 56 x 45 x 25cm).
What is easyJet baggage allowance?
Selected fare types include checked luggage, but for most, this needs to be added separately, either at the time of booking, online before departure or at the airport. Adding a bag to your booking before departure means you have a choice of a bag up to 15kg or up to 23kg. Passengers can purchase up to 3 pieces of checked baggage.
Can you take duty free bag on easyJet?
easyJet allows passengers traveling with 1 piece of carry-on baggage to bring an additional item onboard such as an overcoat, umbrella, walking stick or duty free bag purchased at the airport.
What happens if my luggage is overweight easyJet?
With easyJet you can purchase extra weight before departure in 3kg units for £12 up to a maximum of 32kg per bag (unless you’ve purchased a 15kg bag, then the limit is 27 kg). If your checked luggage exceeds your allowance, then you will be charged £12 for each 1kg of excess weight at the airport. This applies to each item that is overweight, per flight.
How to Beat the Crowds & Lock In Affordable Travel While You Still Can...
With lockdowns ending, the demand for travel is surging to record levels - and so are prices.
We’ll show you the strategies and tools to unlock huge savings, but that window is closing fast - so you
need to get on this right now.
Download our last-chance playbook here:
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.