easyJet is another airline whose baggage fees are dependent upon which point in time you buy your allowance. This means you’ll save money if you purchase your bags online simultaneously with your ticket.
easyJet Carry-on Allowance
1 underseat cabin bag: FREE
1 standard carry-on bag: FREE only for easyJet Plus cardholders, FLEXI fare, Up Front or Extra Legroom customers
- Underseat Cabin Bag: 17.7 x 14.2 x 7.9 inches (45 x 36 x 20 cm), maximum weight of 33 pounds (15 kg)
- Standard: 22 x 17.7 x 9.8 inches (56 x 45 x 25 cm), maximum weight of 33 pounds (15 kg)
Lap Infant Carry-on Policy
- If you’re traveling with an infant (under 2) on your lap, you can bring 1 additional underseat bag.
Stroller Check Policy
- A stroller and 1 other item such as a car seat can be checked at the gate free of charge and will be available at the baggage reclaim at your destination.
easyJet Checked Baggage Allowance
There are a couple of weight options for checked baggage but all pieces must not exceed max linear dimensions of 108 inches (275 cm) per piece.
Checked Baggage up to 33 pounds (15 kg): From £6.99 per bag (~$8)
Checked Baggage 33 to 50 pounds (15 to 23 kg): From £9.49 per bag (~11)
At the Airport — Bag Drop Counter:
Checked Baggage up to 23 kg: £48 per bag (~$54)
(checking baggage at the gate may cost more)
Additional/Excess Baggage Fees
- Each customer, including children and infants, can buy up to 3 hold bags. You can buy extra weight at £12 (~$13) per 3-kilogram units (~6 lbs), up to a maximum of 32 kilograms (~50 lbs) per bag.
- If a 15-kilogram hold bag (~33 lbs) has been purchased, then extra weight can be up to 27 kilograms (~59 lbs).
- Extra weight may be purchased at any time before arriving at the airport. If your hold luggage weighs more than your allowance when you arrive at the airport there will be a charge of £12 (~$13) fee for each 1 kilogram of excess weight, per item, per flight.
- If you’re traveling with family or friends on the same flight and booking, you can pool your total weight allowance.
For baggage fees related to special luggage (sporting equipment, musical instruments, etc.) please refer to easyJet’s policy.
Can I Prepay for Baggage?
easyJet does allow passengers the ability to prepay for luggage online or via the mobile app.
Here are the ways to prepay:
- Log in to the Manage Bookings area of the easyJet website and choose the Add hold luggage option.
- Download and log in to the Manage Bookings area of the easyJet mobile app and choose the Add hold luggage option.
Credit Cards That Reimburse You for Checked Bag Fees
easyJet is a popular way to hop around Europe, but checked bag fees can pile up. If you need a card to reimburse some of those fees, check out the Capital One cards below that reimburse travel purchases in the last 90 days at a rate of 1 cent per mile.
To see more airline baggage fees and policies, click here.
The information regarding the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card, and Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
Featured Image Credit:
Shutterstock and easyJet
Frequently asked questions
Can you add baggage to easyJet flight after booking?
You can add baggage to your easyJet booking online pre-departure, at the airport bag drop counter or at the gate. Online, the cost is from £6.99 for a 15 kilogram bag and from £9.49 for a 15- to 23-kilogram bag (depending on route). At the bag drop counter the cost is £48 and possibly more at the gate.
Can you take a handbag as well as hand luggage on easyJet?
All other passengers are allowed to bring 1 piece of underseat cabin baggage measuring no more than 45 x 36 x 20 cm.
Only easyJet Plus cardholders and passengers on a FLEXI fare, Up Front, or Extra Legroom tickets can bring an additional carry-on bag for the overhead locker (maximum size of 56 x 45 x 25cm).
What is easyJet's baggage allowance?
Selected fare types include checked luggage, but for most, this needs to be added separately, either at the time of booking, online before departure, or at the airport. Adding a bag to your booking before departure means you have a choice of a bag up to 15 kilograms or up to 23 kilograms. Passengers can purchase up to 3 pieces of checked baggage.
Can you take a duty-free bag on easyJet?
easyJet allows passengers traveling with 1 piece of carry-on baggage to bring an additional item onboard such as an overcoat, umbrella, walking stick or duty-free bag purchased at the airport.
What happens if my luggage is overweight on easyJet?
With easyJet you can purchase extra weight before departure in 3-kilogram units for £12 up to a maximum of 32 kilograms per bag (unless you’ve purchased a 15-kilogram bag, then the limit is 27 kilograms). If your checked luggage exceeds your allowance, then you will be charged £12 for each 1 kilogram of excess weight at the airport. This applies to each item that is overweight, per flight.
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.