Edited by: Kellie Jez
Find the $300 Welcome Bonus Offer for the Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card [Current Public Offer is $250]
- How To Find the $300 Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card Welcome Offer
- Reasons You May Not Be Able To Get a Higher Welcome Offer
- Final Thoughts
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express is one of the best cash-back credit cards available, especially for anyone that spends a lot on supermarkets, streaming services, transit, and gas.
If you’re someone who is interested in adding the Amex Blue Cash Preferred card to your wallet, then you’re going to want to be sure you’re getting the best welcome offer possible — but how?
To make things easier, we’ve put together this guide on a few easy ways to help you get the best bonus offer possible.
How To Find the $300 Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card Welcome Offer
Increased Public Welcome Offer (Try This First)
Like most issuers, American Express occasionally runs increased bonus opportunities on its suite of credit cards — including the Amex Blue Cash Preferred card. In fact, checking directly with American Express is the best place to look for increased offers because it offers a pre-qualifying tool that allows you to quickly check and see if you are targeted for any increased offers.
Terms Apply / Rates & Fees
Learn More(at Amex's secure site)
This card is great for those who want to earn cash-back with U.S. supermarkets, U.S. streaming subscriptions, transit, and U.S. gas stations.
Earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
$0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95.
19.24%-29.99% Variable,0% on purchases for 12 months
Good to Excellent (670-850)
Upgraded Points credit ranges are a variation of FICO®Score 8, one of many types of credit scores lenders may use when considering your credit cardapplication.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express is a stellar cash-back credit card for those looking to maximize every purchase they make.
With bonus categories like U.S. supermarkets, select streaming services, U.S. gas stations, and transit purchases, this card rewards you for the items you spend the most on in a big way! For those looking to earn up to 6% cash-back on their purchases, this could be the card for you!
- 6% cash-back at U.S. supermarkets (up to $6,000 per year) and on select streaming services
- 6% cash-back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions
- 3% cash-back on U.S. gas stations and transit (including rideshares, parking, etc.)
- 1% cash-back on all other purchases
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95 annual fee (rates and fees)
- Earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Buy Now, Pay Later: Enjoy $0 intro plan fees when you use Plan It® to split up large purchases into monthly installments. Pay $0 intro plan fees on plans created during the first 12 months from the date of account opening. Plans created after that will have a monthly plan fee up to 1.33% of each eligible purchase amount moved into a plan based on the plan duration, the APR that would otherwise apply to the purchase, and other factors.
- Low Intro APR: 0% on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months from the date of account opening. After that, your APR will be a variable APR of 19.24% - 29.99%. Variable APRs will not exceed 29.99%.
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%).
- 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions.
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations.
- 3% Cash Back on transit (including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more).
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases.
- Cash Back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit.
- Get up to $120 in statement credits annually when you pay for an auto-renewing subscription to Equinox+ at equinoxplus.com with your Blue Cash Preferred® Card. That’s $10 in statement credits each month. Enrollment required.
- Thinking about getting the Disney Bundle which can include Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+? Your decision made easy with $7/month back in the form of a statement credit after you spend $9.99 or more each month on an eligible subscription (subject to auto renewal) with your Blue Cash Preferred® Card. Enrollment required.
- Terms Apply.
- Find the Amex Blue Cash Preferred $300 Welcome Bonus Offer
- Find The No Annual Fee Welcome Bonus Offer for the Amex Blue Cash Preferred
- Benefits of the Amex Blue Cash Preferred
- Streaming List for the Blue Cash Preferred
- Amex Blue Cash Everyday vs. Amex Blue Cash Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs Amex Blue Cash Preferred
- Amex Gold vs Blue Cash Preferred
- Best American Express Credit Cards
- Best Credit Cards for Groceries and Supermarkets
- Best Credit Cards for Bills and Utilities
- Best Credit Cards for Couples
- Best Everyday Credit Cards
If you find yourself targeted for an increased welcome offer, then that is a perfect time to add the Amex Blue Cash Preferred card to your wallet!
CardMatch is a tool that was designed to help consumers track down great credit card offers and pre-qualified bonus offers. The entire tool is designed to match with credit card offers that you’re eligible for from most major credit card issuers.
Using the CardMatch tool, you could receive an offer of up to $300 for the Amex Blue Cash Preferred card. But keep in mind that there is no guarantee that you’ll see a better offer than what is offered publicly. Either way, it is definitely worth spending a few minutes to check for a better offer.
To use the CardMatch tool, you’ll have to enter some details like your full name, address, and the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. Once you’ve done that, CardMatch will show you any offers that you’re eligible or pre-qualified for.
Targeted Mailings From American Express
Targeted mailings allow American Express to contact you directly anytime there is an increased bonus opportunity that you’re eligible for. But in order to receive these offers, you have to go to the communications preferences in your American Express account and enable communication via mail and email.
Once you’ve done so, anytime you’re targeted for a special offer on an American Express card, Amex will contact you directly via mail or email.
Check for Pre-Qualified Offers With American Express
If you haven’t checked recently, you might be pre-qualified for some great American Express offers, and luckily, it’s very easy to check for these offers.
To check for pre-qualified offers, head to the American Express website, click Cards, then click Check for Pre-qualified Credit Card Offers. This will allow you to see all the cards you have pre-qualified offers for across the entire suite of American Express personal cards.
Reasons You May Not Be Able To Get a Higher Welcome Offer
American Express Credit Card Maximum Rule
American Express limits customers to a maximum of 5 credit cards, not including charge cards, at any given time. This means that, if you already have 5 credit cards open with American Express, then you will need to close a card before you can get approved for a new card.
If your credit score is too low in order to be approved for the Amex Blue Cash Preferred card, then your primary focus should be on improving your credit score first. After all, it makes no difference how great of a bonus offer you find if you’re not able to get approved for the card.
The Current Public Offer Is Not an Increased Offer
If the public offer on the American Express website happens to not be an increased offer, then you’ll need to use some of the strategies in this post to try to find a better one. You could check CardMatch, check for a pre-qualified offer, or wait until you receive a targeted offer from American Express.
You’ve Opted Out of Marketing Offers
If you don’t give American Express permission to send you marketing offers, then obviously it is not going to be able to send them to you. If you don’t want to miss out on targeted offers, you’ll need to opt in.
The Amex Blue Cash Preferred card is one of the best cash-back credit cards on the market. You get great bonus categories, plus benefits like secondary rental car insurance and return protection. If you’re someone who would appreciate these benefits and spends a lot at supermarkets, streaming services, transit, and gas stations, then the Amex Blue Cash Preferred card might be great for you.
If you do decide that the Amex Blue Cash Preferred card is right for you, make sure you follow the steps in this guide so that you can get the best welcome offer possible!
The information regarding CardMatch and offers through CardMatch was independently collected and not provided nor reviewed by American Express.
For the car rental collision damage coverage benefit of the Blue Cash Preferred® from American Express, eligibility and benefit level varies by card. Terms, conditions and limitations apply. Visit americanexpress.com/
Featured Image Credit: Upgraded Points
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Amex Blue Cash Preferred card a good card?
The Amex Blue Cash Preferred card is a great option for anyone looking for a great cash-back credit card, especially anyone who spends a lot of money on supermarkets, streaming services, gas, and transit.
What credit score is needed for the Amex Blue Cash Preferred card?
There is no set score that will guarantee that you will be approved for the card. But generally, you should aim to have a credit score of 690 or higher.
What is the difference between the Amex Blue Cash Preferred card and the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express?
The Amex Blue Cash Preferred card earns 6% back at U.S. supermarkets (up to $6,000 per year) and select U.S. streaming services and 3% back on transit and at U.S. gas stations.
The Amex Blue Cash Everyday card earns 3% back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 in spend), 3% back at U.S. gas stations (on up to $6,000 in spend), and 3% back on U.S. online retail purchases (on up to $6,000 in spend).
Was this page helpful?