While Iberia’s carry-on baggage policy is fairly standard, their checked baggage fees are a bit more complicated than the average carrier.
These fees vary by fare purchased/cabin class, route, season of travel, and time of purchase, as you can see per our tables below, so check closely to determine your cost.
Table of Contents
Iberia Carry-On Allowance:
1 personal item: FREE
1 standard carry-on bag: FREE
2 standard carry-on bags: FREE for Iberia Group Flights, Business Plus Long Haul Passengers
- Personal: undisclosed
- Standard: 56cm x 45cm x 25cm
* exceptions: Passengers traveling to/from London may take one 56x45x25cm piece of baggage* plus one personal object measuring up to 40x26x20cm on board, whether they are flying in Business, Economy or with a child, on a short or long-haul route.
Lap Infant Carry-On Policy
- Discount tickets for minors, i.e., children (aged 2 to 11) or infants (under 2 traveling with an adult) will have the same allowance as an adult and may also cover a fold-able stroller or a car seat.
Stroller Check Policy
Iberia Checked Baggage Allowance:
All checked bags must adhere to a max weight of 23kg (50lb) and max linear dimensions of 158cm (62”).
As mentioned, your checked baggage allowance is dependent on a number of factors including the fare you purchased/cabin class.
Even their Economy options vary, so make sure you know what you’re alotted with your fare when booking.
As a general rule (not set in stone) you will find the following:
- Economy Basic: 0 checked bags
- Economy Optimal: 1 checked bag
- Economy Flexible: 1 checked bag
- Business: 2 checked bags
- Business Plus/Business Club: 3 checked bags
Iberia states: “If your ticket indicates “Baggage Allowance: 0PC” (zero pieces) it means that your fare does not include free baggage transport in the hold. ”
To find specific baggage allotments for your flight, please see Iberia’s official baggage calculator here.
Additional / Excess Baggage Fees:
Iberia doesn’t make it extremely easy to see your additional/excess baggage fees at a glance.
In terms of excess pieces of luggage: Iberia no longer provides a hard and fast table to assist in calculating your fees. You must go through their baggage calculator tool which issues information specific to your flight date, fare purchased, and time of baggage allotment purchase. Then you must utilize their “Add another bag” option to calculate your added fee for excess pieces above those alotted with your fare type.
In general, overweight charges are as follows:
- From/to USA, Mexico & Canada
- Economy/Premium Economy: €75 / $100 / £65
- Business: FREE
- From/to Latin America Asia and South Africa
- Economy/Premium Economy: €100/$110/£80
- Business: FREE
- From/to Domestic Europe, North Africa, and The Middle East
- Economy: €60/$66/£47
- Business: FREE
For baggage fees related to special luggage (sporting equipment, musical instruments, etc.): please refer to Iberia’s policy here.
Credit Cards That Reimburse You For Checked Bag Fees
Take care of checked bag fees on Iberia by using one of the cards below to offset the fees.
|Credit Card||Fee Reimbursement Details|
|Barclays Arrival® Premier World Elite MasterCard®|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve℠||$300 travel credit per calendar year (covers all travel related purchases). Annual Fee: $450|
|Citi Prestige Card||$250 air travel credit per calendar year (covers all travel related purchases). Annual Fee: $450|
Exclusions & Waivers:
Iberia Plus Silver, Gold, Platinum and Singular cardholders may check one bag (up to 23 kg) in addition to their fare package allowance, free of charge. Also applicable to Oneworld Emerald cardholders and American Airlines/British Airways Sapphire members.
For tickets issues with resident’s discount on the Express fare, the first piece of checked luggage will be charged at 50% of the normal price. You can claim this discount when you book your flight or do check in online.