As many know, ski resorts can be very, very expensive, and a single weekend on the slopes can be several hundred dollars when you factor in your ski pass, ability to use the chair lift, and other ancillary fees.
If you’re a fan of skiing or snowboarding, you’ll really love the new 2022-2023 season of Epic Pass options that Vail Resorts is introducing, allowing skiers to bundle more value in exchange for paying upfront.
The most inclusive pass is simply called Epic Pass and runs $841 a year.
With Epic Pass, you’ll get access to over 40 Vail-owned ski resorts, the most out of any of the passes. Resorts include Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Crested Butte, Heavenly, Keystone, Kirkwood, Northstar, Park City, Stevens Pass, Stowe, Vail, Whistler Blackcomb, and many others. Passholders also have access to partner resorts, such as those at Telluride. All said and done, when you factor in the partner opportunities, you’ll have the chance to ski at over 80 resorts.
Epic Local Pass
The Epic Local Pass is $626, but only provides access to 29 resorts (hence the more “local” of options), including Breckenridge and Keystone. You’ll be able to ski Heavenly, Park City, and Stowe, though you won’t be able to do so on major holidays. Lastly, you’ll be able to enjoy 10 days total to use at Beaver Creek, Vail, and Whistler Blackcomb.
Epic Day Pass
The Epic Day Pass option is customizable depending on which resorts you want to visit, but prices will range about 65% off of the retail rates.
You’ll enjoy multi-day passes in these price ranges:
- Epic 2-Day Pass from $86 to $183
- Epic 3-Day Pass from $126 to $267
- Epic 4-Day Pass from $162 to $347
All passes will include additional benefits such as:
- Buddy tickets, allowing you to take a friend 10 times on the slopes at no extra charge.
- 20% off food and beverages, hotels, lessons, rentals, and other ancillary expenses on the mountain.
- Installment pay options, where you can pay monthly toward your pass to help those who may not be able to pay for the pass at one time.
- Ability to refund portions of your pass if you are injured, sick, or lose your job, with the Epic Coverage scheme.
Hot Tip: Epic Pass, Ikon Pass, Mountain Collective… which pass is right for you? Check out our ultimate guide to season ski passes around the world!
If you’re a skier and go often, it will definitely be worth checking out these Epic Pass options. The savings can be considerable over paying a daily rate, though you’ll have to commit to the cost of your pass upfront in exchange for the benefits you will receive.
Featured Image Credit: