Update: The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
Check your cards — Amex has come out with new Amex Offers for both supermarkets and hotels. There are 3 new Amex Offers available to select, targeted cardholders (meaning they may not be available for everyone). If you’re eligible for the offer, you’ll see it in the Amex Offers section of your card, or you may also have received an email, and you must enroll through your Amex account to activate the offer.
Here are the details:
Offer 1: Spend $75, Get $5 Back at Supermarkets
This first offer can save you up to $15 at U.S. supermarkets. To redeem it, you’ll need to spend $75 in one or more transactions in any month during the offer’s period. You can receive the $5 statement credit up to 3 times.
The fine print:
- Valid in-store or online
- Must be used by August 31, 2021
- Not valid for gasoline or gift card purchases
- Warehouse clubs such as Costco and Sam’s Club do not qualify, nor do specialty stores or superstores
This is an especially enticing offer for those who currently have the American Express® Gold Card, so be sure to see if you’ve been chosen for the offer. The Amex Gold Card earns 4x Membership Rewards on purchases at U.S. supermarkets already (up to $25,000 per calendar year), which pairs nicely with this offer.
Hot Tip: Our guide to the best credit cards for supermarket spending recommends several more outstanding Amex cards that get tremendous bang for your buck at local supermarkets!
Offers 2 and 3: Spend $500, Get $100 Back at Sofitel and Fairmont
These next 2 offers are excellent for those looking to get in on that post-COVID-19 travel explosion. They are simple — spend $500 at either Sofitel or Fairmont and pay using your enrolled card to receive a $100 statement credit.
Terms of the Amex Offers:
- Stay from June 1, 2021, to September 30, 2021
- Valid only at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Sofitel Hotels and Resorts in the U.S. and Mexico
- Reservations for Fairmont must be made at fairmont.com or by calling 800-257-7544
- Reservations for Sofitel must be made at sofitel.com or by calling 855-799-6633
- Reservations for both Fairmont and Sofitel can also be made at all.accor.com or via the Accor All app
- All other Accor hotel brands are excluded
- Additional exclusions are honeymoon registries, Willow Stream Spa services, online booking golf tee times purchased with Fairmont, and purchases at Fairmont Store, Sofitel Boutique, or other retail outlets within the property, including online purchases
Although you likely won’t be earning any extra bonus points on these stays, you can stack them nicely with one of Fairmont’s current promotions. These vary by property but can score you a third, fourth, or even fifth night free during your stay. Participating properties include the Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui at Wailea (fifth night free), the Fairmont Heritage Place, Ghirardelli Square (fourth night free), and the Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows (third night free).
Hot Tip: Learn how to save money and earn bonus points with our step-by-step ultimate guide to using Amex Offers.
Amex Offers can be an easy way to earn additional points or save money on your purchases. It’s always worth taking a look at your emails, your Amex account online, or the Amex Mobile app to see which Amex Offers you’ve been targeted for.
Thanks to Danny the Deal Guru.
Featured Image Credit:
Luxury Hotels & Resorts