Edited by: Keri Stooksbury
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
Owning an American Express credit card can save you money on your next Qantas flight.
Thanks to a new Amex Offer, you can save $250 when spending $1,250 or more on one or more Qantas flights.
As the Australian flag carrier pads out its route network to pre-pandemic levels, there’s no shortage of enticing ways for you to save.
First things first, this offer is targeted, which means not everyone will find it in the Amex Offers section of their account.
The easiest way to find out is by logging into the app and heading to the Amex Offers tab. If it’s there, hit “save” and you’ll get $250 back on your account after spending $1,250 on one or more Qantas flights.
Hot Tip: Learn more about how to save money and earn bonus points in our ultimate guide to using Amex Offers.
When booking, you’ll need to consider the following restrictions:
- You need to book your flights through the Qantas U.S. website or Qantas U.S. mobile app — purchasing through one of the Qantas international websites may deem your transaction ineligible. You have to purchase your flights online as this offer won’t work for any transactions done outside of the online reservation system.
- The currency of the purchase must be made in USD.
- The purchases must be made by August 27, 2023, however, your actual flights can occur after this.
- Additional ancillary expenses such as seat assignment fees, checked baggage, and lounge access will be included in the spending threshold as long as they are though purchased at the time of booking.
- Your flights must originate in the U.S., so this offer can’t be used for domestic flights in Australia unless, for example, you connect onto a domestic flight as part of your round-trip itinerary.
Best Uses of This Offer
You’ll be lucky to get a Qantas business class fares between the U.S. and Australia for less than $10,000! In which case, we’d recommend using points if you want to travel in the point end of the plane.
Otherwise, in economy, you can expect to pay somewhere between $2,000 to $3,000, so you’d definitely notice a saving of $250 here.
Amex Offers that save money on flights are always welcome.
We’re especially happy to see this Qantas Offer as fares between the U.S. and Australia have been notoriously high since we came out the other side of the pandemic.
Featured Image Credit: Qantas
Was this page helpful?
INSIDERS ONLY: UP PULSE™
Get the latest travel tips, crucial news, flight & hotel deal alerts...
Plus — expert strategies to maximize your points & miles by joining our (free) newsletter.
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.