Update: The offers mentioned below have expired and are no longer available.
American Express is back with 2 new transfer bonus opportunities: Virgin Atlantic, which is available to all members, and Singapore Airlines, which is a targeted offer.
Let’s take a look at the details of each and how you can maximize them if you decide to transfer your points!
Singapore Airlines Transfer Bonus (Targeted)
Select American Express members can transfer their Membership Rewards points to Singapore Airlines and get a 20% bonus. Currently, there is no set end date for this targeted promotion.
Hot Tip: Stay up to date on all of the latest transfer bonuses for each of the transferable point currencies by using our transfer partner tool calculator!
Fly ANA First or Business Class
Perhaps the best use of Virgin Atlantic points is booking round-trip awards with ANA. Now, Virgin Atlantic and ANA already share an excellent award chart, but with the 30% bonus, you’re able to score insane value!
Usually, round-trip flights in business class start at 90,000 from western U.S. cities and 95,000 from eastern U.S. cities, with first class charging 110,000 from western U.S. cities and 120,000 from eastern U.S. cities.
Now, thanks to the 30% transfer bonus, you could book these flights at the following rates:
- Newark (EWR) to Tokyo (HND) round-trip for 74,000 points in business class and 93,000 in first class
- San Francisco (SFO) to Tokyo (HND) round-trip for 70,000 points in business class and 85,000 in first class
Hot Tip: Keep in mind that, while you can book these awards a year out, we don’t yet know when Japan will reopen its borders to travelers.
Fly the (New) Singapore Suites
Singapore operates the largest, and arguably the best, first class seat in the sky, and it only allows Singapore Suites and first class to be booked through its own KrisFlyer program. Unfortunately, a one-way ticket in the newest version of Singapore Suites is quite expensive, which is why it is great to take advantage of a transfer bonus when making the booking!
For instance, to fly in the absurdly large suite for the 13-hour hop from London to Singapore would ordinally cost 115,000 miles on a Saver ticket, but the 20% transfer bonus drops that amount to 96,000! Here are a few other routes you could book with the 20% discount:
- Singapore (SIN) to Beijing (PEK) one-way in first class for 45,000 points
- Singapore (SIN) to London (LHR) one-way in first class for 96,000 points
- Singapore (SIN) to Mumbai (BOM) one-way in first class for 45,000 points
- Singapore (SIN) to Shanghai (PVG) one-way in first class for 45,000 points
- Singapore (SIN) to Sydney (SYD) one-way in first class for 71,000 points
- Singapore (SIN) to Tokyo (NRT) one-way in first class for 59,000 points
- Singapore (SIN) to Zurich (ZRH) one-way in first class for 105,000 points
A limited-time transfer bonus is a great incentive to try and plan out some future bookings, and save points while doing so! However, make sure you have a specific use in mind before transferring points as it’s never a good idea to do a speculative transfer.
Featured Image Credit: