We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Hyatt is introducing its latest brand, Caption by Hyatt, starting with the Caption by Hyatt Beale Street Memphis in Tennessee, scheduled to open this summer. The new brand is the latest in expansion efforts both in the U.S. and abroad and will offer contemporary, sustainable design with a focus on innovative social and culinary spaces.
What Is Caption by Hyatt?
Hyatt describes Caption by Hyatt as having the design of an upscale lifestyle-forward hotel, similar to Hyatt Centric and Andaz, with the flexibility of a select-service property, similar to the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands.
The new concept will be very similar to Marriott’s Moxy Hotels and will target young, casual travelers rather than families.
With Caption by Hyatt, there are several things you can expect:
- An emphasis on mobile check-in and checkout, as well as mobile pay. While there will be staff on hand to assist with check-in, there will be a heavy emphasis on using the app to access your room vs. the traditional plastic room key. Out of Hyatt’s current portfolio, its Andaz brand reflects some similarities since there isn’t a “front desk” in the traditional sense.
- In the lobby of the hotel will be the Talk Shop, a place to eat, work, grab a coffee, lounge around, and get checked into the hotel, complete with a coffee shop, eatery, grab-and-go artisanal items, and a cocktail bar. It’s meant to be an all-in-one area.
- At Caption by Hyatt Beale Street Memphis, guests can also enjoy a beer garden and on-site bakery.
In guest rooms, you’ll find:
- An emphasis on recycled materials
- Open closets
- Plentiful power outlets, allowing you to work from anywhere within the room
- Enclosed rain showers
- Large vanities
At Caption by Hyatt Beale Street Memphis specifically, you’ll find 136 rooms, each with a flavor of Memphis in the art, on the walls, and in the colors. What’s really cool about the Memphis property is that it is built into the old Wm. C Ellis & Sons Ironworks and Machine Shop, so there will be a lot of historic charm throughout the entire property.
New Caption by Hyatt Properties in the Pipeline
The Caption by Hyatt in Memphis isn’t the only property from this new brand opening up, with these properties currently under development:
- Caption by Hyatt Shanghai Zhongshan Park is opening in early 2023
- Caption by Hyatt Namba Osaka is opening in 2024
- Caption by Hyatt Kabutocho Tokyo is opening in 2025
- Caption by Hyatt Ba Son Saigon is opening in 2025
It will be interesting to see how this new Hyatt brand integrates into the rest of the Hyatt portfolio. There’s been mixed reception when other hotel chains have introduced similar brand concepts, so Hyatt will have to differentiate itself and provide an offering that doesn’t label the brand as cheap. Regardless, it’s always good to have more hotel options.
Featured Image Credit: Hyatt
Was this page helpful?
INSIDERS ONLY: UP PULSE™
Travel is changing fast... Stay on top of all the points strategies, exclusive offers & pivotal news - and lock in huge savings along the way.
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.