Edited by: Juan Ruiz
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
There’s an excellent cash deal from several Canadian cities to South Africa for under $2,500 round-trip — and even better, it’s in business class!
Let’s dive into this deal!
Fare Deal — The Details
The deals are operated on Air France, KLM, and United Airlines between Toronto (YYZ), Montreal (YUL) and Johannesburg (JNB).
The United flights include a Newark (EWR) layover before continuing onto Johannesburg and are in United Polaris. The Air France or KLM flights include stops in either Amsterdam (AMS) or Paris (CDG), and all legs are in lie-flat business class.
Similar to our Portugal deal earlier, we can thank a favorable conversion rate for these cheap deals.
- Class: Business Class
- Route: Montreal (YUL) and Toronto (YYZ) to Johannesburg (JNB)
- Dates: Select dates between December 2023 and February 2024
- Rates: As low as $2,250 round-trip
Check out the best ways to fly to South Africa with points and miles!
How To Book
There’s limited availability for dates this winter, but you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding travel dates that work for you.
Once you’ve selected travel dates, you’ll want to book your ticket with a credit card that rewards for flights or general travel purchases. Some of our favorites include:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel (capped at $500,000 spent in purchases per calendar year, then 1x points)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked through Amex Travel
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 3x points on all other travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 2x points on all other travel purchases
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: 5x Capital One miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel; 2x miles on all other purchases (including travel)
This a fantastic deal for a route that can easily top $5,000 round-trip — or more. If you’re in Canada (or can get there from the U.S. quickly), you should definitely take advantage of this business class flight deal before it’s gone!
Featured Image Credit: PACO COMO via Shutterstock
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.