Edited by: Juan Ruiz
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
There’s a fantastic deal to several picturesque islands in Greece — and all you have to do is fly out of a Canadian hub.
Here’s what you need to know.
Fare Deal — The Details
These flight deals are operated on Air France business class from Montreal (YUL) and Toronto (YYZ) to the Greek islands of Mykonos (JMK) and Santorini (JTR).
One of the best hacks for booking business class cash flights is routing from a Canadian hub. That’s because the exchange rate between Canadian Dollars and the U.S. Dollar is extremely favorable at 1 CAD to 0.75 USD.
For reference, similar flights from the U.S. are almost double the price at a whopping $4,250 round-trip. So, if you’re near a Canadian border (or can get there easily by flight), you can save thousands simply by departing from a Canadian airport.
- Class: Business Class
- Route: Toronto (YYZ) and Montreal (YUL) to Mykonos (JMK) and Santorini (JTR)
- Dates: July and August 2024
- Rates: As low as $2,200 round-trip
How to Book
There’s solid availability to the Greek islands of Mykonos (JMK) and Santorini (JTR) between July and August 2024, which is the peak season for both islands.
After selecting flights, you should book your ticket with a credit card that rewards for flights or general travel purchases. Here are some of the best travel credit cards out right now:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel (capped at $500,000 spent in purchases per calendar year, then 1x points)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked through Amex Travel
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 3x points on all other travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 2x points on all other travel purchases
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: 5x Capital One miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel; 2x miles on all other purchases (including travel)
This is another fantastic Canadian flight deal, which Canadians and Americans can take advantage of, given the frequency of flights between the 2 countries. Even better, the cheapest deals are during the peak summer season, making this 1 of the best deals we’ve seen so far in 2024!
Featured Image Credit: Air France
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.